PDA

View Full Version : TT bit of trim in the boot mystery

Midge
01-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Recently bought a 58 plate TT roadster, which is great, but I found an odd bit of plastic trim in the well under the boot floor.

The numbers on it don't include 8J as I would have expected for my car, so its possible it might not even belong to MY car and has just been chucked in there.

The really odd thing though is if I google any of the numbers on it, I can't find ANY trace of what it is - which is odd as it certainly looks like some sort of car part, and I'd have expected it to surface somewhere on the web! The right hand and bottom edges which look a slightly different colour are soft rubber.

Pics attached. Any ideas appreciated!

Midge
27-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Found out what this is. If you open the boot lid, there is one either side and they clip into the bodywork adjacent to the rear light clusters. The soft rubber edges form a seal against the bodywork.

As the part concerned has broken clips anyway, I went to my local dealer the other day but they were unable to identify it on their parts system (they were going to call me back), and I haven't been able to find it yet on my copy of ElsaWin. Anyone on here an ideas?

Sam
29-09-2014, 09:47 AM
If they were to look on their parts system they'll see it says something like "not a spare part".

It comes as part of the rear lights - your best bet is to find someone breaking a TT.

Midge
29-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the info.