PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Radio controlled clock module on B8

Audidua
31-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Hi all! I need help with this. Radio controlled clock isnt functioning as he should. I've enabled this in MMI but theres no radio antena icon on DIS near clock and nothing happens. I left it on for a few days but nothing. How to check is there somewhere a radio clock module? Where is its location on the car? Is it like on b6 under rear bumper? It's a little bit strange if I have that function on MMI but no signal. Just for information my country (Croatia) is covered good with radio clock signal from Frankfurt in Germany. I had this on my ex car b6 and was working fine.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Zenerdiode
02-02-2014, 04:18 PM
The clock antenna is fitted behind the rear bumper; on the left hand mount. You have to have the antenna (under bumper), module (on back of instrument cluster) and enabled in 17-Instruments for it to work.

Audidua
02-02-2014, 05:17 PM
The clock antenna is fitted behind the rear bumper; on the left hand mount. You have to have the antenna (under bumper), module (on back of instrument cluster) and enabled in 17-Instruments for it to work.

So its about rear bumper? I dismantled instrument cluster but found nothing there, no additional plug-in just the main cable.

Zenerdiode
02-02-2014, 11:59 PM
Sorry, older Audis had a separate module pinned to the back of the cluster.

The antenna/module is behind the rear bumper cover on the left hand side. It is attached to the support bar - rather than the cover itself. It has a three pin connector and is wired directly to the dash on the 32-pin connector. There is an adaptation value in 17-instruments to say how often it updates; the value being zero if not fitted. I don't know if there is a bit to set in long-coding.

If you want to retrofit, you will need the following:

4B0 919 145 B - Receiver for radio-controlled clock
N 104 128 04 - bolt (x2)
8K0 973 703 - plug coupler

You will also need a set of repair wires with the correct pins for the above plug coupler and the dash plug coupler (1J0 972 977 G).

Pin 1 to dash pin 24
Pin 2 to ground
Pin 3 to dash pin 23

Let me know how you get on - as I might have a go myself. :approve:

Audidua
03-02-2014, 08:49 PM

The antenna/module is behind the rear bumper cover on the left hand side. It is attached to the support bar - rather than the cover itself. It has a three pin connector and is wired directly to the dash on the 32-pin connector. There is an adaptation value in 17-instruments to say how often it updates; the value being zero if not fitted. I don't know if there is a bit to set in long-coding.

N 104 128 04 - bolt (x2)

You will also need a set of repair wires with the correct pins for the above plug coupler and the dash plug coupler (1J0 972 977 G).

Pin 1 to dash pin 24
Pin 2 to ground
Pin 3 to dash pin 23

Ok, thats quite usefull information. Can I find out over VCDS if my rear bumper module is malfunctioning just to avoid bumper dismantle? If the VCDS shows an error then I'll go for replacement. Thanks!

Guest 2
03-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Could you not just adjust it manually? :confused:

Audidua
03-02-2014, 08:54 PM
Yes I can set it over MMI in "Time" settings> radio clock but no antena icon on DIS even if I left it running for a month. I bought my car in Frankfurt, Germany where is the base of Atomic Clock signal and set the radio clock on right there. I drove to Croatia and nothing appeard on DIS.

Audidua
09-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Situation update.: few days ago I went to my friends who has original Audi VAS and he tried to activate antena module by starting a sync but no luck. Antenna icon didnt appear on DIS. He checked is module faulty maybe but all is ok.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Audidua
01-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Update II
Few days ago I tryed to off /on the remote clock with VCDS but again nothing happened. It is always turned on in MMI but icon didnt appeared. If theres a fault on antenna module should I see it in VCDS module fault reader?

gupsterg
28-10-2014, 05:42 PM
Recently I was looking into this concerning a thread on another forum and radio clock for the Audi A6 4F/C6.

If you view measuring block 2 data window 2 in module 17 :-

test off if no radio clock coded into module 17.

n.OK malfunction in receiver or if radio clock coded in but receiver not fitted.

OK receiver working.

When I coded in radio clock into my A6 4F/C6 when it does not have a receiver for one there were no DTC's in module 17 or autoscan log, only MVB 2 data window 2 in module 17 showed Receiver N.OK.

Have you visually checked you have receiver?

Audidua
28-10-2014, 06:20 PM
I have to admit that I didnt quite understand what you talking. I'm from Croatia so my english isnt so good. Please talk in a simple way. The receiver is fitted under rear bumper and I located it. Checked conector, all is OK. If I start fault reading in vcds no fault found.

gupsterg
28-10-2014, 06:41 PM
In VCDS select module 17.

Then select measuring blocks.

Then select measuring block 2.

In data window 2 what does it show? please reference below image.

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=25984&stc=1

Audidua
28-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I've checked it but it is not like on your picture. I will post later few pics so you can see whats that like. As far as I remember its group 27 and 28 but only numbers are shown. I set the sync every 1 minute, factory setting is every 10 minutes but nothing is happening with remote clock sync and no antenna icon on DIS.

Here are the screenshots:

gupsterg
28-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Please google audi portal

Then select Diagnostic

Then select ECU

Then in selection box select Audi A4 8K (2008-)

In next selection box select 17 | Instrument Cluster

Then select J285_8K_90_____2_0907_21_MWB_lesen.htm

You will see details of measuring blocks 02 , 27 , 28

Post screen shots/pictures of all if you like :) .

I would link site but it will get removed so view via instructions.

gupsterg
28-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Here are the screenshots:

Your clock is not synchronising post measuring block 2 data / screen shot

Audidua
28-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Yeah, I realised that but why it is not synchronising? You can see on first picture I posted there is measuring block 2 in second row and no remote clock data just tank content and current milleage.

gupsterg
29-10-2014, 11:00 PM
I don't know why your not getting the data in measuring block 2 window 2, do you have genuine VCDS cable?

Here is info I read on adaption channel 19 in instrument cluster module and it state same thing.

Adaption channel 19:

Radio clock synchronisation time

Vehicles with PR number are fitted with an external radio clock module in the rear bumper.
With adaption channel 19 the synchronisation time can be set, with the value "0" corresponding to "no radio clock fitted".
In vehicles with radio clock, the value should be set to "20" for a 20-minute synchronisation.
With the first battery voltage the connections to the receiver module are checked in test mode.
The check status is displayed in measured value block 2 at the 2nd position.
The synchronisation time can be adapted from 0 to 50 minutes.

Audidua
29-10-2014, 11:28 PM
I don't know why your not getting the data in measuring block 2 window 2, do you have genuine VCDS cable?

Here is info I read on adaption channel 19 in instrument cluster module and it state same thing.

Adaption channel 19:

Radio clock synchronisation time

Vehicles with PR number are fitted with an external radio clock module in the rear bumper.
With adaption channel 19 the synchronisation time can be set, with the value "0" corresponding to "no radio clock fitted".
In vehicles with radio clock, the value should be set to "20" for a 20-minute synchronisation.
With the first battery voltage the connections to the receiver module are checked in test mode.
The check status is displayed in measured value block 2 at the 2nd position.
The synchronisation time can be adapted from 0 to 50 minutes.

My cable isnt genuine(chinese-ebay) but working just fine.

gupsterg
30-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Well as you have Chinese clone I can't now suggest getting support from Ross Tech :( .

Perhaps it is the clone cable not showing MVB's correctly :dunno: .

Your coding must be correct in instrument cluster as you have menu option for radio clock in MMI :confused: and you have receiver.

If I do find something which will help I'll post information or if you solve it please update your thread so we know how you fixed and perhaps will help another.

Good luck.

Audidua
30-10-2014, 12:37 PM
Yes I have option enabled in MMI menu under Time>clock>quartz or radio and radio is selected all the time.

Audidua
14-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Hey guys, I've manage to fix the antenna. I purchased a new one and mounted it in rear bumper where it normally sits but for a 2-3 days nothing happened. Then I was doing some other coding with vcds and parallel with that I reverted radio clock sync interval on 10 minutes which is a factory setting. Later in the evening I had to go somewhere and when I opened car door there it was :D

I dont know why it didnt work on 2 minutes sync interval, very strange!

gupsterg
17-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Great news :) , I have one question do you now see anything extra in mvb 2 in ins.cluster?

Audidua
17-11-2014, 05:32 PM
Still nothing mate, there is no any other values in those fields, only mileage and fuel tank level. Channel 27 (I think) is now updated with sync time and other related stuff

gupsterg
17-11-2014, 06:48 PM

Another question :D , in MVB 27 data window 1 previously you had status as 000001 what does it say now?

http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=26197&stc=1

Also if you hover over that data does a helper balloon appear with info?

Cheer!

Audidua
17-11-2014, 07:13 PM
I think it says 000011 now but I'm not sure. I'll check that in a future and post the screenshots here.

gupsterg
17-11-2014, 07:41 PM
Please do hover the mouse pointer over the data to see if a helper balloon comes up with some explanation on the values.

Audidua
17-11-2014, 07:57 PM
Ok!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Audidua
18-11-2014, 05:41 PM
Here are the screenshot
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/18/96e75151c8eb3bab5c1617daa1bccaed.jpg

No aditional info when hovering with mouse pointer over data

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

defsix
29-07-2016, 04:08 PM

N 104 128 04 - bolt (x2)

Pin 1 to dash pin 24
Pin 2 to ground
Pin 3 to dash pin 23

Hi, which repair wires did you use for this? Am I correct in assuming you don't need the dash plug?

Sent from my Brain via my Keyboard