PDA

View Full Version : Se to sline

Bold
28-01-2014, 10:06 PM
I'm currently in the process of changing the bland exterior of my 08 se which is black in colour to the more sporty looking sline spec. I managed to source a genuine rear sport bumper and side blades from a breakers yard and will be getting them fitted in the next couple of weeks, I also hope to change the wheels from the standard 16s to 18 inch sline's my only misgiving is I love the ride quality in my car at the mo and was wondering will the 18s with lower profile tyres take from this much also if leaving my suspension standard height will the car look like a 4x4. Also would an eibach prokit work well with 18s and standard suspension as in comfort and handling love the look of sline and love the feel of se:confused:

mulla
29-01-2014, 08:53 AM
I wouldnt think the car will look like a 4x4. I am tempeted to do the same work to my own. Do all the s line parts fit not problem to the se body of is the some adjustments needed.

Jamie.
29-01-2014, 10:14 AM
Mine came with some line wheels as an option, I have the side blades but not fitted yet seems a fair bit of effort is needed for them ie measuring and stuff.

My ride is a bit hard but not too bad when I put it in comfort mode

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

TamboB8
29-01-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm currently in the process of changing the bland exterior of my 08 se which is black in colour to the more sporty looking sline spec. I managed to source a genuine rear sport bumper and side blades from a breakers yard and will be getting them fitted in the next couple of weeks, I also hope to change the wheels from the standard 16s to 18 inch sline's my only misgiving is I love the ride quality in my car at the mo and was wondering will the 18s with lower profile tyres take from this much also if leaving my suspension standard height will the car look like a 4x4. Also would an eibach prokit work well with 18s and standard suspension as in comfort and handling love the look of sline and love the feel of se:confused:

IMO - you can add new bumpers, skirts and bigger wheels, but without a drop of at least 30mm or so, the car will look odd. Of course, this is down to personal preferance, and other members may disagree, but when you drive up beside an S-line you'll be unhappy with the "4x4" look of your SE.

My 5 series BMW was an SE and i can 100% feel the difference with the firm ride in my S-line. (Which is even worse now that Ive upgraded to 19's - wouldnt change it though!!

Get the bumper, side blades and wheels fitted before getting new springs/coilovers, you may not mind the look of the higher suspension.

(PS - Ive got an Sline front grill i'll be looking to shift if you want to add that that to your mods!)

Oh and.... Get some pics up when its all fitted :D