PDA

View Full Version : Cylinder 2 misfire

Cooke85
28-01-2014, 01:06 PM
Hello i got an error code Cylinder 2 misfire, from what i understand from reading about 50 posts on this is that if you get a cylinder 2 misfire its nothing to do with the coil pack or spark plugs or a misfire, i went ahead and bought spark plugs and coil pack anyway. Im not asking for people to post try this or try that because after reading through the posts it has been suggested to try everything, (and i will if no one can help), all im asking is that if anyone has come across this problem and knows how to fix it please please help me. Its an Audi 1.8t 2004 B6 also a bit of oil in cylinder 1 and 2 well, not sure if it was split in it or not as i have never changed the oil and only own the car 2month, car had a service 3000mile ago new plugs and filters

Cooke85
28-01-2014, 02:43 PM
Booked in for an ignition coil recall on tuesday, I'm crossing my fingers n hope it is just the ignition coils, if anyone has had this problem please post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam
28-01-2014, 02:50 PM
What is the error code?

Cooke85
28-01-2014, 02:59 PM
Not sure of the error code, its a local mechanic tested it he said it cylinder 2 misfire n i seen it on his screen to

Sam
28-01-2014, 03:23 PM
If you could get the code, it would help other people to offer input.

Cooke85
28-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Ok, gonna wait till this ignition coil comes and try it in, if it dont work i'll get the codes and post them up, it's goin to a dealer on tuesday to get the recall done no matter what so hopefully they mite shine some light on the problem if its not the coil pack

Sam
28-01-2014, 03:49 PM
At a guess it's this code - 16686/P0302/000770 - Ross-Tech Wiki (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16686/P0302/000770) - and there are more than likely other fault codes present too.

See if you can get a code scan from the dealer and post it up here.

Crankcase breather valve is a common issue but you've not mentioned any symptoms other than oily plugs so this is all guess work.

Cooke85
28-01-2014, 03:57 PM
Symptoms i had in the space of 10mile of driving from cold start started with shuttering between 2 and 3000revs, cel or eml light came on and started flashing, when stopped really harsh idling and misfiring, oil in spark plug well 1 and 2 but not sure how it got there, burning smell from cat i think because of unburnt fuel id say

JustHarry
10-02-2014, 02:06 PM
I know you said not to say try this or try that...

But when I had a miss fire I unplugged the coil pack from each, one at a time noticing any change in idle.
No change in rough idle after disconnecting coil pack of cylinder two, I changed cylinder 1 coil pack over to 2 and the problem went away from cylinder 2 and changed to cylinder 1, it was a quick and easy diagnostic for me.

after replacing the Cylinder 2 coil pack the problem went away.

Hopefully the recall will resolve your issue.

Cooke85
10-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Yea the coil pack replacement sorted the problem, i was just expecting the worse due to posts about cylinder 2 misfire being something different than a coil pack problem, and with my luck i thought it would have been something worse

Sam
10-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Thanks for coming back to finish the thread off - good that it wasn't quite as bad as you'd suspected too ;)