PDA

View Full Version : 2010 A4 2tdie Problem starting this morning

mulla
27-01-2014, 04:18 PM
70k miles on the car with full audi service history. Next service due in 3k.
The car sat up for the last 2 days. Really cold weather during this time but it was 5 degrees out when I tried to start it this morning. When I pushed the key in there was the normal delay for the coil to heat but when the car tried to start the engine just juddered pretty violently and never started. It done the same the second time but on the third try it started fine and ran normal. There was a good 30 second delay before I tried start it the third time. I never noticed any smoke but i did turn the heaters off before i tried the third time.
Im worried this may be an underlying issue which could get worse or damage the engine. Has anyone else had this issue. Was it just a bad cold start after sitting up.

Any help appreciated.

kite
27-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Could be a sign of a dying battery. Have the battery checked.

bloody smart phones....

mulla
27-01-2014, 05:05 PM
Hopefuly its only something small like that. Surprised the battery is giving problems that soon.

kite
27-01-2014, 05:12 PM
It might not be that but its easy to rule it out.
4-5years is about right for battery life.
Most modern cars with all the gizmo's are sensitive to battery life.

bloody smart phones....

mhurer
27-01-2014, 07:22 PM
Similar thing happened to me this morning, but not as extreme. Definitely longer than normal time for car to start the car this morning after pushing key in, and although it did start it was very rough for a few seconds. Car had been sitting for a couple of days, and is also coming up to 5 years as well, so might need a new battery soon.

mulla
29-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Just had mine serviced with Audi. No problems seen. They said it could have been a bit of dirty fuel or something.
I asked them about the 20k miles service intervals. To me this is very long but they assured me its giving no problems. I think ill stick to the 15k miles though.