PDA

View Full Version : When do you get yours?

SWORDFISH
09-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I get mine on saturday
Pearl black, 2.0 tfsi 200ps, 18" chicago wheels, vienna leather, cruise control, ipod and wind deflector.:D :D :D
Can't wait!!!

Trikster
11-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Saturday too - 2pm (bloody carpet fitter means I can't get down first thing! :) )

anyway full spec is:

2.0FSi-T Sport
Island Grey
Cornsilk beige nappa leather (saw this at Geneva, looked great)
17" Westwood Alloys (ok, not the 18s but I think it looks ovewheeled on them)
RCD500 6CD indash + Dynaudio
Luxury Pack
iPod connection in armrest
Wind deflector

Mkaiser1
12-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi SWORDFISH,

Any chance you could take a picture of your new car and PM it to me or email it to me? I'm really intrigued to see a black Eos with the 18" Chicago wheels. I'm just about to order mine and can't decide whether I want it in Silver or Black, but those wheels just complete this car.

Cheers,
M

SWORDFISH
12-07-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi SWORDFISH,

Any chance you could take a picture of your new car and PM it to me or email it to me? I'm really intrigued to see a black Eos with the 18" Chicago wheels. I'm just about to order mine and can't decide whether I want it in Silver or Black, but those wheels just complete this car.

Cheers,
M

No probs. I'll send them as soon as I get it photographed. Been to see it in the garage today. I think the wheels make it. Fill the wheelarches up good and proper. Look the dogs!!

Trikster
17-07-2006, 09:02 AM
Well, got to say it, but this is a damn good car. First time I've ever bought a car without test driving it first but this is goooood.

Engine is very smooth - feels smoother than those I've driven in the GTi. Roof mechanism is a real showstopper, although the car does shake a bit as the big bits of metal move around, hardly surprising.

Even without the windbreak in and the roof down conversation is easy at speeds into three figures (allegedly :D ) and no rattles so far, although haven't driven ithe car with the roof up yet!

OK, colour choice is a personal thing, but the Island Grey with Corn Silk leather looks fantastic.

Only downers..

1. All the peeps trying to get into the car at the dealers when we were picking it up - had to put g/f out front to guard it whilst I did the paper work!!

2. Not to keen on the new '07 stereo look with the alu effect buttons and surround, OK breaks up what would be a big slab of black but a bit bling for me (must be getting old)

Will hopefully post pics tonight...

SWORDFISH
19-07-2006, 01:46 PM
Can't wait to see it trikster . Get mine tomorrow. Was delayed due to personlised number plates taking so long to be transferred.
Got four days off work from tomorrow too, so can see the miles clocking up in this hot weather.
:beerchug:

Trikster
20-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Sorry about the quality - the good old mobile phone excuse.

Will try and take some with the SLR tonight, although car looks a bit dull after the shower last night.

Hopefully you get the idea though....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/rdc69/2eed60c6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/rdc69/815a0f6b.jpg

SWORDFISH
21-07-2006, 08:51 PM
SORRY, JUST ONE QUICK PHOTO-
off to work in a mo-will post more once I've photoshopped the number plate!!
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/PLOPLOPLOP/DSC_0356.jpg

Oh, that's a lovely interior on yours. No way, I could have kept it clean tho!!!!
Love the car, think the ipod connector is sh*te. Glad I didn't pay for it. They gave it me as a freebie.

SWORDFISH
22-07-2006, 04:00 PM
some more..........

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/PLOPLOPLOP/DSC_0358COPY.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/PLOPLOPLOP/DSC_0357COPY.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/PLOPLOPLOP/DSC_0355COPY.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c230/PLOPLOPLOP/DSC_0354COPY.jpg

louisg
27-07-2006, 05:21 PM
great pictures?

What extras did you go for? What price did you pay. Did the dealers knock any money off for you?

Louis

SWORDFISH
28-07-2006, 11:52 AM
great pictures?

What extras did you go for? What price did you pay. Did the dealers knock any money off for you?

Louis
The 3 times I went to the dealers, people were queuing to see the demo car. They were told that they'd have to wait months to get one if they ordered it. In that enviroment, it would be very very difficult to get a discount.
I went for leather, chicago wheels, ipod connector, wind deflector(well worth it) and cruise control.
The ipod they fitted for free, the wind deflector was £230 even tho I bought it as an afterthought and was supposed to be over £400(£230 if bought as a factory option!!!), and the cruise was £130 fitted (£250 if bought factory fitted-makes no sense as it is EXACTLY the same).
Go for it, it's a great car!!!

louisg
29-07-2006, 10:39 AM
thanks for that. so overall how much did it cost you?

Louis

hula-hoops
29-07-2006, 07:43 PM
I placed my order for the 3.2 V6 Eos today - should get it by the end of September, beginning of October. Went for following options: cruise control (I wish I had read swordfish post earlier!), sat nav with Dynaudio + USB and multifunction steering wheel. I also went for AutoGlym (hopefully to keep the lime tree sap at bay). I just hope the car is as great as I am expecting.

I took the 2.0 FSI for another test drive today. It was a great drive and I couldn't believe how quiet the engine is at idle. I was sitting at the lights and thought maybe I had stalled it!

louisg
30-07-2006, 09:18 AM
What is wrong with the cruise control then?

Seems the extras worth having so far are the Dynaudio and the wind breaker.

Whats the Satnav like? seems over priced to me.

Louis

hula-hoops
31-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Nothing wrong with the cruise...I was refering to the cost saving that was mentioned in the earlier post

mandh22222
07-08-2006, 09:14 PM
My Silver Essence Eos TDI Sport arrives 15 August with super VW 05 EOS registration plate. Anybody requiring similar plates see me, cos i bought them all ! 52,03,53,04,54 still available. 07941311026 ;)

neh321
22-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Here are a couple of pics of the Eos I took delivery of on 14 July (had had it on order for 2 years!)

Silver; Red Nappa Leather; Westwood wheels; Bi-Xenon lights; wind-deflector; otherwise standard

Discount? You must be joking. Local dealer is quoting March 07 delivery earliest! See 1 dealer is offering his 2000-mile ex demo car for £1500 over list...

pjgraham86
06-09-2006, 08:58 AM
Swordfish/Trikster

Hi guys. I just re-read your original posts about your cars. I'd be interested to know whether you are happy with the 2.0T engine. Performance will no doubt be superb but is the economy OK ? The official figures say the overall average (the last of the figures printed in brouchures/road tests) should be around 33mpg. How many miles have oyu guys got out of an average tank ?

The first Eos I ordered was the TDI but my mate's new Golf GTI has made me think I'd love the same engine in the Eos, although it's obviously a heavier car.

Also Trikster I see you have the Dynaudio system fitted - is it worth the £995 ?

Would be good to hear from you guys before I re-order.

Thanks

PJG

Trikster
06-09-2006, 10:25 AM
I've still less than 2000 miles on mine. I'm averaging just under 30mpg, but can get 35 on a good run. I've just had my first 300+ miles before the fuel warning came on!

I don't thrash the car, but most of my driving is x-country so it's not the best for good economy - braking for tractors, combines, chickens etc. is just part of the fun of living in the sticks. And i've probably drive 80%+ of that with the roof down which they rate knocks another 10% off consumption. so once fully run in - 8-10k miles low to mid 30's should be the norm. Bare in mind my driving style means I generally beat the published figures - and I DO NOT drive like a granny :biglaugh:

I'm am very impressed with the Dynaudio system - a damn site better than the Bose in the Porsche. Even at silly volumes it does not distort and bass is always tricky in a cabriolet with the roof down but its excellent. Whether it's worth the best part of a grand (including the upgrade to the 6CD RCD500) is up to you it's money you'll never see back at resale - I like the OEM look, but the standard system in my Mk V Golf was pretty good anyway. And I bet you could get a superb aftermarket upgrade for similar money.

pjgraham86
06-09-2006, 01:23 PM
Thanks very much for that info Trikster. My (and my wife's) normal driving style (particularly when the kids are on board) will be fairly "low key" - with the odd blast at weekends so hopefully once the car settles, the mpg will be as you say around the low 30's.

The Dynaudio sounds as tho' it will be great - I can't be bothered with the hassle of an aftermarket job, although i take your point that a cracking system could be had for your £945. I agree I'll never recoup the cost (same applies to most of the options I suspect) but I'll be keeping it for 4/5 years anyway so less of an issue.

I've always thought Bose kit was overrated - great marketing but average products in my experience.

Now just waiting for an e-mail from the dealer to confirm that he'll give me the same discount on the 2.0T-FSI and I'll be signing up - delivery mid January for DSGs (which can be ordered from 18 Sept.)

Cheers

PJG

neh321
07-09-2006, 11:33 AM
I've covered about 3500 miles in my 2.0 T-FSI and over the last 3000 the mpg figure is 31.2, which includes driving down French Autoroutes to the south of France and back along the Route Napoleon (much of it roof down) but also driving in Paris then plenty of city driving on my return. Wouldn't say I'm disappointed bearing in mind the performance. Nearly 200 bhp in a car of this size is useful and it's quick enough for me. It's supposed to be slower than the Golf GTi because of the extra weight but can't compare as I haven't driven one. I'm a very keen driver (but not an idiot!) and wouldn't be happy with slower versions (I also have a TVR so most other cars seem a bit pedestrian!)

Can't really be bothered with stereo upgrades as I think the finer points of HiFi systems are lost in cars on the move. Have always found the standard items perfectly acceptable.

I'm very happy indeed with my Eos and would heartily recommend one to anyone; to my eyes it looks far better than any of the opposition; is screwed together much better; has one of the world's best engines; handles well; even swallowed all our luggage on the trip to France plus my daughter and her fiance and their luggage to boot for part of the journey! Was actually quite surprised just how much fitted in and the back-seat passengers said they were perfectly comfortable!

I think VW have created a fine car in the Eos; pity it doesn't look nearly as sleek as the Concept C it's based on, but all in all it's a good effort.

stuart
10-09-2006, 06:24 PM
I think VW have created a fine car in the Eos; pity it doesn't look nearly as sleek as the Concept C it's based on, but all in all it's a good effort.

In what way? looks the same car from these press pictures, apart from the front grille, mirrors, and the colour of the rear lamps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/stuarttunstall/Eos%20Pictures/VW_1068-.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/stuarttunstall/Eos%20Pictures/VW_1065-.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/stuarttunstall/Eos%20Pictures/7568a-.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/stuarttunstall/Eos%20Pictures/7568-.jpg

pjgraham86
10-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Went into local dealer in Glasgow today and finally ordered new Eos 2.0T FSI with DSG, metallic (black), Dynaudio upgrade, multi function s/wheel, leather, Chicago wheels.

Discount was £1100 off list. Can't wait - 16/18 weeks for delivery tho' - looks like Jan 07.

PJG

neh321
11-09-2006, 09:04 AM
Stuart - agree that even at a close look they are the same but they aren't - they are merely very similar!

Look at the swage line along the side, which is much higher on the Eos and makes the Eos look much less low and sleek; look at the depth of the boot lid on the rear, which is much deeper on the Eos and makes the rear look a lot higher (doubt if there was any boot room at all in the Concept C with the roof down..); look at the rear lights which have much more angle on the slash around the side of the Concept C; the whole rear bumper on the Concept C is higher; the lip over the headlights is different as is the detail below the front bumper, making the Eos look narrower and taller; the Concept C's grille is wider and shallower, again making the Eos look higher at the front; look at where the door bottoms are on them both, increasing the apparent depth of the Eos in side view.

No two panels are actually the same except maybe the bonnet! Productionising a car as sleek-looking as the Concept C is always difficult and think VW have done a good job on the whole; the huge wheels on the Concept of course help to make the car itself look smaller and wheels that size would never appear on a production car. Would like to see that two actual cars side by side and think you'd find the Eos is considerably higher; VW do after all need to make cars that people small and large will actually fit into!

charles West
09-11-2006, 12:11 AM
Trickster, and probably Swordfish by now, are your iPods working?
And are they in the armrest?
I am still failing to get anything from mine, bak to the dealer soon for another look.
C.W.

pjgraham86
09-11-2006, 09:00 AM
I'll be interested to hear how you get on - I've ordered the armrest adaptor for ipod in my Eos (now due mid March).
PJG