PDA

View Full Version : Cruise control fitting

a4newowner
23-01-2014, 09:44 PM
I have the cruise control stalls and lower column cowl to a audi b8 avant but require someone to fit, does anyone know of anyone who can fit in the Bolton area and costs
Thanks

Avidfanofstuff
23-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Any reason why your not fitting it yourself... You could get it coded by contacting another member with VCDS.

Boy
23-01-2014, 11:38 PM
I fitted cruise to my B8 and can assure you that it presented no significant challenges.
Give it a go once you have lined up a forum member who will plug in VCDS and make it work.

iamdarren
25-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Where did you pick up the parts? I've been thinking about this for a long time

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

hsmithboy30
25-01-2014, 06:29 PM
Check this item number on ebay 271369677240
this will save you some money

iamdarren
25-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Check this item number on ebay 271369677240
this will save you some money

Yea seems good will need the cowling too and someone to code it

hsmithboy30
25-01-2014, 06:53 PM
When I retrofitted cruise I think the cowling was about £30 from audi

iamdarren
25-01-2014, 07:00 PM
OK I just bought it. Now how can I get one of the forum guys to code this for me? I'm in Essex in Basildon.

hsmithboy30
25-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Have a look at the VCDS location map. Make a note of what member is close the ask a6 Chris to send a message to that member for help

Avidfanofstuff
25-01-2014, 07:12 PM
OK I just bought it. Now how can I get one of the forum guys to code this for me? I'm in Essex in Basildon.

Take a look at the map and PM someone close...

VWAF User Location Map - VCDS - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/0Shx)

iamdarren
25-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Nice!! Thanks mate will have a look as soon as it arrives

iamdarren
30-01-2014, 09:12 PM
The module came this week, just messaging people from the map to see if they can code it :) so excited about finally get CC back in the car!

gdallas
30-01-2014, 10:57 PM
u remind me of me just before i installed mine lol... was great getting it back.

iamdarren
02-02-2014, 05:02 PM
How do I fit this stuff? Are there any guides?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

gdallas
02-02-2014, 06:35 PM
i used this guide AudiEnthusiasts Steering Wheel Swap (http://www.audienthusiasts.com/ProjectSteeringSwap.html)

gregpot2000
03-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Check you high beam still stays on when changed! There are two type of stalks, I had the wrong one initially fitted to mine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

iamdarren
05-02-2014, 09:52 PM
Turns out I have no right indicator or high beam, where do I go from here? Is there a way to find a different cruise control stalk? Or can I do the canabolism and fit the cruise section onto the donor stalks? This is what the guy suggested may be possible on the setup. Its a bit frustrating got loads of codes done, cruise worked well but the next hurdle will be getting the indicator back.

iamdarren
05-02-2014, 10:02 PM
I'm looking at taking this part off and then putting on the original indicator unit? Audi A4 (8E) A6 (4F) - Retrofit Cruise Control & Trim | eBay (http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/360273114708) as I know the cruise part works.

mad-for-tar
06-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Turns out I have no right indicator or high beam, where do I go from here? Is there a way to find a different cruise control stalk? Or can I do the canabolism and fit the cruise section onto the donor stalks? This is what the guy suggested may be possible on the setup. Its a bit frustrating got loads of codes done, cruise worked well but the next hurdle will be getting the indicator back.

Hi all, been helping this chap out with the coding and final installation. Had to nip round his to pick up some stuff I left after me yesterday and checked the part number of both stalks this evening. His old one taken out is 8K0 953 502 BC and the one he put in was 8K0 953 502 BD.

On searching, it seems to be the right swap for the saloon 8K to get the normal cruise control function (not ACC). We were left puzzled by the lack of right indicator only and no high beam (both stalks spring return to neutral position for main beam).

So, anyone with ideas, considering the stalk pack was used when he bought it, could it be faulty? Cannot see any other reason unless I have missed something with coding but both ECM and Steering Wheel controllers accepted the coding successfully.

Thanks!

Boy
06-02-2014, 10:40 PM
The part number of the stalk which I fitted to my 2008 Saloon is V8KO 953 502 BD. It fitted and Coded without difficulty, so I should suspect the used part.

iamdarren
06-02-2014, 10:42 PM
Hi all, been helping this chap out with the coding and final installation. Had to nip round his to pick up some stuff I left after me yesterday and checked the part number of both stalks this evening. His old one taken out is 8K0 953 502 BC and the one he put in was 8K0 953 502 BD.

On searching, it seems to be the right swap for the saloon 8K to get the normal cruise control function (not ACC). We were left puzzled by the lack of right indicator only and no high beam (both stalks spring return to neutral position for main beam).

So, anyone with ideas, considering the stalk pack was used when he bought it, could it be faulty? Cannot see any other reason unless I have missed something with coding but both ECM and Steering Wheel controllers accepted the coding successfully.

Thanks!

thanks mad-for-tar, i just removed the entire stalk set, need those indicators for errrr, driving :) contacted the seller on ebay hoping i can return the unit. i usually manage to on ebay. Been trying to get the other ebay item i saw earlier to give me a code, they have uploaded more pics now with more codes. I asked about the white sticker but they dont have one on theirs. have a look see what you think.

AUDI A4 B8 S LINE INDICATOR WIPER STALK COLUMN AIRBAG SQUIB WITH CRUISE CONTROL | eBay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191055294476?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649)

also, i didnt get any error lights on the car when i plugged the old stalk set back in

iamdarren
06-02-2014, 10:46 PM
thats the same as the part i have here next to me, so do we think this part is faulty then? also it might mean im safe to buy that next item too?

Guest 2
06-02-2014, 10:47 PM
Which coding did you do?

Boy
06-02-2014, 10:49 PM
To state the obvious, that stalk has a different part number, so I would not anticipate that it would work.

iamdarren
06-02-2014, 10:51 PM
To state the obvious, that stalk has a different part number, so I would not anticipate that it would work.

haha yes, ive just realised the part they are quoting isnt for the cruise but actually that steering sensor that sits on the top. So annoying i really want to find out what part number that piece is i will have to tell them they have provided the wrong code

iamdarren
06-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Which coding did you do?
coded 2 parts, mad-for-tar had a guide with him a rosstech one i think, had all the section on how to do it.

Guest 2
06-02-2014, 10:56 PM
coded 2 parts, mad-for-tar had a guide with him a rosstech one i think, had all the section on how to do it.

Could you double check with him or get him to reply here?

iamdarren
06-02-2014, 11:02 PM
dont wanna text him, but hes already posted on the thread, i think he will get a notifcation

Guest 2
06-02-2014, 11:04 PM
dont wanna text him, but hes already posted on the thread, i think he will get a notifcation

So he did, sorry. Missed that.

Seems odd, I'm guessing a faulty switch pack, did you buy it from a reputable person/company?

mad-for-tar
06-02-2014, 11:28 PM
So he did, sorry. Missed that.

Seems odd, I'm guessing a faulty switch pack, did you buy it from a reputable person/company?

Hi again all. Did the engine module and steering wheel module. I don't have those controller part numbers handy right now, would need to crank up the laptop to get them. Followed the guide over on Ross Tech Wiki under the retrofitting section to recode the J527 and J623 modules.
I do remember seeing faults for control module incorrectly coded on both of these after the parts were installed but before recoding so the network had picked up it was installed. Did clear everything out, ran the car and checked again and nothing showed up afterwards.
Only other place I could have coded was the instrument cluster but think this is only for adaptive cruise control (ACC).
Starting to think now fault is left with the stalk pack itself.....

Regards.

iamdarren
06-02-2014, 11:28 PM
Seller on eBay, selling loads of Audi parts it was the item here in this thread, possibly page 1? I opened a case so will return it soon

Guest 2
06-02-2014, 11:31 PM
Hi again all. Did the engine module and steering wheel module. I don't have those controller part numbers handy right now, would need to crank up the laptop to get them. Followed the guide over on Ross Tech Wiki under the retrofitting section to recode the J527 and J623 modules.
I do remember seeing faults for control module incorrectly coded on both of these after the parts were installed but before recoding so the network had picked up it was installed. Did clear everything out, ran the car and checked again and nothing showed up afterwards.
Only other place I could have coded was the instrument cluster but think this is only for adaptive cruise control (ACC).
Starting to think now fault is left with the stalk pack itself.....

Regards.

Engine and steering ecu is all that's needed and you can't go wrong with tick boxes so has to be faulty switch pack.

iamdarren
09-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Returned part today for refund so on the hunt for new stalks

Boy
09-02-2014, 10:34 PM
If you paid £100 for the S/H one, I should say another £50 for a new one would be worth paying.

iamdarren
10-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Huntington Audi on eBay will do a set of stalks for 167ish think I'm just gonna order those