PDA

View Full Version : Question help LED aftermarket error

iamdarren
23-01-2014, 11:25 AM
I have fitted the FK automotive AMAZON LED rear lights to my A4, but there is an error with the left side.

I have connected all of the blocks in what i believe was outlined on the english/chiense instructions.

Has anyone had this when they fitted theirs, as you can see in the picture there is a left indicator on, and the red LEDS flash instead of the indicators. All i can think is maybe the harness is on in some bad order, i fitted these before work today, so i wont get a chance to look at them until i get home. The seller has told me to just return them, but he box was huge, and i think it will cost alot to send back, if i can just fix it that would be much easier.

gareth2689
23-01-2014, 01:01 PM
The harness seems to be wired wrong. They've somehow managed to mix up the wire for the tail light and the indicator. Should just be a matter of indicating the two wires and swapping them around.

With that said I have never fitted a set of these before so I'm sure someone else on here will advise you better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam
23-01-2014, 01:18 PM
I have fitted the FK automotive AMAZON LED rear lights to my A4, but there is an error with the left side.

I have connected all of the blocks in what i believe was outlined on the english/chiense instructions.

FK Automotive are German, not sure why you have Chiense instructions.

The product you have received is clearly faulty - take a photo, send it to FK Automotive (http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en/Contact-oxid/) and ask them to send a returns label.

Their T&Cs are here - Tuning FK Automotive | Terms and Conditions | purchase online (http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en/Terms-and-Conditions/)

iamdarren
23-01-2014, 06:43 PM
It was from Amazon but the seller is fk automotive. I'm sure its the same. They were shipped from Germany. I'm annoyed because it should be simple plug and play. Such a pain fitting first one. Second one was quick and no errors there at all. Will have to unplug all again and check before I send them back I do like the idea of LEDS. As long as they work.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

iamdarren
23-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Just got the cinema. And had a look noticed that the plug was in upside down! Stupid!!!! Stupid. It seems ok now. I turned on and got dash errors though. But looks like they should be. Sweet! Solved

hsmithboy30
23-01-2014, 08:33 PM
Glad you got them sorted. How bright are the LEDs in the daylight? Do the fog lights come on in both sides? Am interested in these lights but bit dubious of quality

113brucey
23-01-2014, 08:42 PM
the leds are bright and the quality is good easy to fit no errors

iamdarren
23-01-2014, 11:36 PM
I haven't had a good chance to test with them yet. But all errors are gone. Quality is good. Not seen how they are in the daylight yet. But I have some issues I have noticed... The indicators I'm sure they were meant to be inside the red ring when u put them in. They are still bulbs same as the original lights. So bit of a let down. Ah the other thing. Break light is just on the outer piece that gets brighter I saw it from the mirror in a reflection.

They are still very good and I feel they are worth the 215 including shipping. I will see how I get along with them for the next few days.

chrisland
24-01-2014, 08:13 AM
The oem led tail light have bulbs fitted for the indicators as well

Chris

iamdarren
24-01-2014, 08:14 AM
Oh so they ate a string of LEDs when u use your indicators

Sam
24-01-2014, 10:09 AM
Just got the cinema. And had a look noticed that the plug was in upside down! Stupid!!!! Stupid. It seems ok now. I turned on and got dash errors though. But looks like they should be. Sweet! Solved

Impressive.

Glad it's sorted ;)