PDA

View Full Version : Headlining and parcel shelf

Audi convert
22-01-2014, 08:06 AM
I'm almost certainly placing a factory order for a new A7 this week, however, My dealer is unsure of the parcel shelf colour with the silver headlining (wife complains it's too dark with black headlining).

I have chosen Quartz grey with black leather and the silver headlining but have read elsewhere that the silver parcel shelf reflects badly on the rear screen??

I know the vast majority of A7's are S line with black headlining and black parcel shelf but it seems that it is not necessarily the same with the silver headlining. I have found images on Google showing both black and silver parcel shelfs with the silver headlining and black leather, any ideas?

Thanks

@mark
22-01-2014, 09:13 AM
but have read elsewhere that the silver parcel shelf reflects badly on the rear screen??

They do. I have Titanium Grey leather with steel grey-titanium grey panels and lunar silver headlining which means I have the light coloured parcel shelf and it is a proper pain in the backside especially when the sun is out.

I would quite happily swap this out tomorrow if I could

Audi convert
22-01-2014, 10:13 AM
They do. I have Titanium Grey leather with steel grey-titanium grey panels and lunar silver headlining which means I have the light coloured parcel shelf and it is a proper pain in the backside especially when the sun is out.

I would quite happily swap this out tomorrow if I could

My dealer thought it would be black with black leather and silver headlining but they seemed unsure

I will cost up a black replacement parcel shelf with the part dept and mull it over

Sauron
22-01-2014, 06:46 PM
Audi Convert

The thing is at this time of year (lack of sun) it's probably not such a factor so during a test drive you might not notice, however, like you I read a number of reviews and determined that I didn't want the issue. There are a number of US reviews on YouTube that shows the issue well, the s-line (I think they may call it prestige) trim package is not so prolific over there and they tend to have more cars with light interior and rear parcel shelf.

On the train at the moment I'll try and add a YouTube link later when better connectivity.

I take it from your initial post on this thread that the A7 has seduced you away from the A6 then? Good choice in my biased opinion.

edit: I think the video at the link below, from around 6mins 50 secs, shows the potential problem quite well as the car moves in and out of shade and direct sunlight. The parcel shelf on the car is beige vice grey but I think would be representative.

2012 Audi A7 Sportback 3.0T (Editor's Choice) - YouTube (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a2toRr5Vsbw).

Audi convert
22-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Sauron,

Not sure of my head has been turned by the better car within my budget but it does feel like it.

No doubt the 245PS Quattro A6 was awsome but my driving style changed for the worse.

I will miss the AWD but Audi front wheel drive will be much better in winter than the BMW rear of my previous 5 series

I will order tomorrow

Sportback 3.0TDi Multitronic 204PS
Quartz grey
Black leather
19" 10 spoke alloys
Heated front seats
4 way lumbar
MMI nav plus inc touch
Ipod interface
Park system plus
Beaufort oak inlay
Privacy glass

+ almost certainly going to get Black headlining now

Audi convert
22-01-2014, 08:37 PM
edit: I think the video at the link below, from around 6mins 50 secs, shows the potential problem quite well as the car moves in and out of shade and direct sunlight. The parcel shelf on the car is beige vice grey but I think would be representative.

2012 Audi A7 Sportback 3.0T (Editor's Choice) - YouTube (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a2toRr5Vsbw).

WOW that is awful!

Sauron
22-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Audi Convert

I agree and this confirmed the fact that I wanted a black parcel shelf.

Regarding the the order, nice spec but were you not tempted by the Quattro 204ps to have the AWD; or was the mpg a factor?

M1tchy
22-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Yeah that is shocking! Good luck with your new motor. (And good choice in my biased opinion too! :-))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Audi convert
22-01-2014, 10:01 PM
Audi Convert

I agree and this confirmed the fact that I wanted a black parcel shelf.

Regarding the the order, nice spec but were you not tempted by the Quattro 204ps to have the AWD; or was the mpg a factor?

You got me thinking!!!! And now its got to be Quattro, I think?

Email sent to dealer to price up comparison (losing 19" rims & MMI plus nav)

A7 Sportback SE 3.0 TDI 204PS Quattro
Beaufort oak inlay
Privacy glass

M1tchy
22-01-2014, 10:04 PM
Why don't you try drive the deal? Spec it up on there and compare to your dealer. The price difference for me was nearly 15k

Audi convert
22-01-2014, 10:13 PM
Why don't you try drive the deal? Spec it up on there and compare to your dealer. The price difference for me was nearly 15k

Thanks but I will be doing 3 year lease hire as a company car with full maintenance and service

M1tchy
22-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Ah ok. Don't go on DTD then. Seeing the savings may make you sad lol

Sauron
22-01-2014, 10:48 PM
You got me thinking!!!! And now its got to be Quattro, I think?

Email sent to dealer to price up comparison (losing 19" rims & MMI plus nav)

A7 Sportback SE 3.0 TDI 204PS Quattro
Beaufort oak inlay
Privacy glass

Of course as well as the AWD it also comes with the dual clutch S-Tronic gearbox. Having only driven the 8spd tiptronic I can't speak from personal experience, however, the consensus of this site would seem to indicate the S-Tronic is the better option; as well as yielding some performance gain.

In handling terms I'm sure the AWD will more than make up for the loss of the 19" rims, although it's a shame about the MMI plus as I think the larger screen makes a big difference aesthetically if not functionally. Whatever your decision I'm sure you'll love the car once you get it, i know I'm still looking for every excuse to dive mine.

Audi convert
23-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Of course as well as the AWD it also comes with the dual clutch S-Tronic gearbox. Having only driven the 8spd tiptronic I can't speak from personal experience, however, the consensus of this sight would seem to indicate the S-Tronic is the better option; as well as yielding some performance gain.

In handling terms I'm sure the AWD will more than make up for the loss of the 19" rims, although it's a shame about the MMI plus as I think the larger screen makes a big difference aesthetically if not functionally. Whatever your decision I'm sure you'll love the car once you get it, i know I'm still looking for every excuse to dive mine.

The Quattro works out cheaper! NO BRAINER (but no upgraded nav)

passman
23-01-2014, 12:23 PM
Good choice on the A7 rather than the A6.

Sauron
23-01-2014, 01:27 PM
The Quattro works out cheaper! NO BRAINER (but no upgraded nav)

Looks like you're sorted then, hopefully the wait won't be too long and enjoy once you get it.