PDA

View Full Version : Infotainment Lists in HUD

silo24
21-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Anyone else noticed that the A6 & A7 brochures list that 'Infotainment Lists' should be available in the Heads Up Display? Personally i'm not complaining about the lack of them, but wondered if it's something that we should hit Audi about?

Head-up display. An optical system of mirrors project driving-related information directly into the driver’s field
of vision. To prevent ghost images, a special windscreen with a wedge-shaped film is fitted. This film measures
approximately 26 x 9cm in size, and the driver perceives the display to be 2 to 2.5m beyond the windscreen.
The display has many benefits:
- Helps to increase safety, convenience and driving pleasure
- Straightforward operation via MMI
- Display is height-adjustable, adjusts to ambient brightness
- High resolution of up to 480 x 240 pixels
- The following are displayed (depending on chosen option):
- road speed
- navigation instructions
- adaptive cruise control status, distance from vehicle ahead and set speed
- warning messages
- infotainment lists
- speed limit display

Guest 2
21-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Which MY brochure are you quoting from and what year is your car?

silo24
21-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Which MY brochure are you quoting from and what year is your car?

Hi, current (MY14) Brochure. Car is also MY14.

@mark
21-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Hi, current (MY14) Brochure. Car is also MY14.

You just know there will be a disclaimer in there somewhere along the lines of "not all features are available in all markets......"

Sauron
21-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Silo 24

Good spot. For reference I have PDF copies of the pricing and specification guides: From Feb 2011, May 2012 and May 2013. They all list 'infotainment lists', albeit with the disclaimer dependant upon options selected. That said there us no option that appears to deliver thus functionality. But nominally, on that basis, it appears the ability should have been there from the outset.