PDA

View Full Version : Intermitten Alarm issue and Remote Lock/Unlock

muradhakim
20-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Hi
I have a Audi A4 1.9 TDI, 2002 registration. It has developed a strange problem of setting alarm off intermittently even when I am driving.

My remote locking does not work either, I have to open it manually and I need to put the key to ignition before its unlocked the whole car, If I don't put the key to ignition, alarm will set off.

I have tried changing battery to the key fobs, reprogram keys etc. spoke to a electrician, he wanted to additional remote lock/unlock device as a workaround as oppose to addressing the min issue here. I wonder how that's going to affect exiting alarm systems.

Any one had similar experience?

Murad

kite
20-01-2014, 12:27 PM
Check your front footwells for damp.
Get the car scanned for faults.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

muradhakim
20-01-2014, 12:29 PM
Check your front footwells for damp.
Get the car scanned for faults.

No damp, no fault found when scanned.

Crasher
20-01-2014, 12:30 PM
What type of aftermarket alarm is fitted?

muradhakim
20-01-2014, 12:34 PM
I have not fitted any. it came with standard audi alarm

kite
20-01-2014, 12:36 PM
Does the drivers door show open on the dash ?

muradhakim
20-01-2014, 12:51 PM
yes. dash board does not report any problem while the alarm goes off.

Crasher
20-01-2014, 12:58 PM
I have not fitted any. it came with standard audi alarm

Ohh, sorry I presumed as you had posted it in "Vehicle-Security-Retrofit-aftermarket-alarms-amd-immobilisers" that is what it had....silly me!

You need to look at the last trigger identification number. When it goes off, do the indicators flash?

kite
20-01-2014, 01:02 PM
Scan the car with VCDS.
Autopool in Iver are good with Audi's.

muradhakim
20-01-2014, 01:09 PM
yes indicator flashes. even the light in the boot also flashes (not sure why)

The frequency of the indicator are not the same. Frequency gets higher of the indictor lights, often alarm goes off sometimes, sometimes its the indicator, sometimes both, this all happens while I am driving in a normal speed. if I indicate left or right, hazard lights stops.

If I go to Audi They will charge me 96 pound +vat to find out what the problem is.

Crasher
20-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Your optimistic, you are assuming it will only take 1 hour to find out what is wrong.

Whatever is wrong it is going to be either the central convenience ECU or the wiring around it.

If it goes off whilst driving it is not seeing that the ignition is on so the Line 15 is missing so on the 12 pin black connector check there is ignition live power at pin 7 on the blue/red wire.