PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Audi A4 2.0 Tdi Avant SE Auto 33K miles

b4a4
20-01-2014, 12:16 AM
Hi All,

I have the opportunity to buy a very clean 2012 Avant to replace my existing 2008 B8 Avant, the car looks great and has everything I want. My only concern is the prospective new car has an auto transmission, I have never owned an auto and I don't know many who do.
What should I be aware off/what are the pitfalls of owning a CVT auto? Will the routine maintenance costs be much extra over an auto?

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

DK

neebsta
20-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Hi All,

I have the opportunity to buy a very clean 2012 Avant to replace my existing 2008 B8 Avant, the car looks great and has everything I want. My only concern is the prospective new car has an auto transmission, I have never owned an auto and I don't know many who do.
What should I be aware off/what are the pitfalls of owning a CVT auto? Will the routine maintenance costs be much extra over an auto?

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

DK

I have had the auto box in my old A6 C6, over 160k miles , no issues at all. Current A4 B8 just over 70k, with no problems. It's safe to say these gear boxes are no worse than any other, reliability from my perspective has been 100% perfect.

i'd recommend them to anyone. Once you've had an auto box, I don't think you'd ever go back to a manual!!!!!!

b206
20-01-2014, 06:38 PM
The CVT box is a bit hit and miss - the one in my B7 was terrible, just google audi a4 CVT and you'll see what I mean. I think there was even a class action suit over in the US. You also need to change the oil every 40k.
I'm unsure if they have resolved the reliability issues on the B8 CVT though ?
I now have the stronic box which so far has been excellent - lazyboy all the way :p