PDA

View Full Version : New member/MMI issues

dno_uk
18-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Hi guys,

I've been 'lurking' on the site for a few weeks now since I bought my A7 late last year, love the site it's been a real help so far and I'm hoping for some advice regarding the MMI on my car.

Basically since I bought my car I've not been able to connect my iphone 4 via the cable to the MMI, the car was at the dealers for a few jobs the other day and they fitted me a new cable (with the red grommet) but I still can't connect my iphone. I popper back into the dealers and the lady on service reception tried her own iphone 4 which connected no problem. I therefore thought it must be my phone but I've tried my friends iphone and my wife's iPod and none will connect. I keep getting a message saying 'not supported' on the MMI screen. Any ideas would be gratefully received!

Otherwise I love my A7, I can't say enough good things about the car. It is genuinely a pleasure to get in a drive everyday

M1tchy
18-01-2014, 02:20 PM
Have you got the latest software on your iphone? Plug it into iTunes and update it if not. I recon that's the problem.

Go to settings, general, software update to check. The latest version is 7.0.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M1tchy
18-01-2014, 02:21 PM
What spec/model did you get? (Just out of interest, nothing to do with your fault!)

dno_uk
18-01-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi Mitchy,

I went for 3.0 TDi S Line Multi, Daytona Grey, 20" segment wheels, privacy glass & tech pack. I bought the car used so I wasn't really too fussed on spec to be honest, the car is fairly loaded as standard but the wheels and privacy glass make a massive difference IMO.

In relation to my MMI problem my phone is up to date, running 7.0.4

M1tchy
18-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Nice spec! Good colour and wheels too (I've got the same)

Mmmmm, have you tried to connect your phone to another car at the dealership? Would rule out a fault with your phones dock if that works/doesn't work. Or do you have a set of speakers at home you can dock your phone in? Again to rule out a fault with your phone.

I've got an iPhone 4 connected to mine as its iPod and no problems (although that's not what you want to hear!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dno_uk
18-01-2014, 03:00 PM
My phone docks fine with my speaker in the house, also when I plug it in to the car it charges but that's it.

I think I'll pop back to the dealer and try my phone on another car and see what happens!

M1tchy
18-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Strange! Sorry I couldn't be more help. Interesting to see if another car picks it up!

biffyg
19-01-2014, 10:29 PM
My phone docks fine with my speaker in the house, also when I plug it in to the car it charges but that's it.

I think I'll pop back to the dealer and try my phone on another car and see what happens!

Good Idea, keep pushing them, my whole mmi unit is being replaced as I couldn't connect my bluetooth on my galaxy s4, £1800 for the part alone under warranty, I thought it was my phone but it turned out the unit had failed. Come to think of it mine wouldn't connect with the cable either so that might work when I get the car back tomorrow!