PDA

View Full Version : Are they telling porkies?

M1tchy
17-01-2014, 07:30 PM
On my way up to see my family over Xmas, my car started beeping and scrolling through a number of messages on the DIS basically saying I'd lost all of my assistance systems. ACC, lane assist, blind spot monitoring etc all said they had failed and didn't work until we stopped at the services, had some food and continued the journey.

Anyway, booked it into the dealer and today as soon as I got there he said, it will be because the DPF was doing a regen. Is he pulling my <REMOVED>?

After them having it all day, I have just collected it and he said, yes your systems did fail, and there is a log on the computer (I know as I scanned with VCDS), but they have never seen the fault before and have sent the diagnostic scan to Audi to diagnose. I wonder what it could be.

Also is it possible that these systems fail during a DPF regen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Guest 2
17-01-2014, 07:31 PM
I know the Start Stop is disabled during a DPF regen apparently but no way it would cause everything to fail.

M1tchy
17-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Thought so!

We will see what comes back from Audi next week.

M1tchy
12-02-2014, 09:26 PM
Well the response from Audi is that because I have tried to active the traffic recognition camera that was the reason for the fault. However I hadn't attempted to activate the the camera at the time of the fault. They refused to look into it any further and said its one of those things and that was that.

So I put it back to factory settings until I can figure out the rest of the coding out. Then again today I got the same warnings i.e. All driver assistance systems failed. I called the dealer and they said that because I've used VCDS on the car it is not covered by warranty and they won't look at it.

I thought VCDS didn't invalidate warranty? It's going in on Monday for the rattley HUD again and I will try to convince them these faults aren't related and to look at it. Anyone know where I stand?

Guest 2
12-02-2014, 09:28 PM
VCDS doesn't invalidate warranty, if the dealer is being awkward (which they are) then reset everything back to factory, clear all faults and wait until the message appears again.

M1tchy
12-02-2014, 09:30 PM
That's the state it is at now. All clear and back to factory setting but with the fault this morning it should have a log of the error.

Is it just a case of telling them they will look at it?

Guest 2
12-02-2014, 09:32 PM
That's the state it is at now. All clear and back to factory setting but with the fault this morning it should have a log of the error.

Is it just a case of telling them they will look at it?

Sorry totally skimmed over the last line, is there another dealer nearby?

Since you're a genuine user of VCDS, you could always contact Rosstech and get an offical letter saying that it doesn't affect any warranties or PM "bearthebruce" on here and he should able to help too.

M1tchy
12-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Nearest is about 20 mins away, the next is over an hour. I will see what they say on Monday as they want it all week and get intouch with him if they are being awkward.

Thanks for the advice

shabazmo
13-02-2014, 12:19 AM
i think the moral of the story is don't tell the dealer you have made any changes because they will use any excuse to blame someone else. My a7 will be 3yrs old next month, so after a service and mot, I will then have fun with vcds.

AvantB5CJ
13-02-2014, 12:55 AM
Yeah especially if they don't have a tech working there that can find the fault. I would take it some where else and consider checking it's not the same franchise as they might have notes about the car on the system.

M1tchy
14-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Yeah its just such a journey to the next nearest dealer and it is part of the same franchise. Id be looking at a 4 hour round trip to get to one out of this franchise. I will see what they say next week and then maybe look at taking it somewhere else if they start refusing warranty work - although a 67K spec car having problems that they cant fix is starting to annoy me so cant see me taking no for an answer!