PDA

View Full Version : Constant Motor Running Noise

rem01189
15-01-2014, 04:41 PM
Hello,

We have an Audi Q7 3.0 Tdi S Line at work and there is a constant motor sounding running noise coming from (as you look at the bonnet) the right hand side wing/top of bonnet area.

It has only been happening about a week now but has been slowly draining the battery as it doesn't ever shut off through the whole day. I had a play with some of the settings and turned the "Econ" on this seems to at first quieten the noise down and at the moment it is not happening at all.

Am I correct in assuming that the Air Con pump is located there and is continually running?

Help would be much appreciated.

Also there is water in both fog lights (they still work fine) what is the easiest way to get it out without drilling a hole? It seems that water can go in through the top but not drain away!

Kind regards,

Rob

P.S Picture attached of where the noise seems to be located.23354

cnixon
07-02-2014, 12:37 AM
Did you get this sorted? It sound like the Fuel Burning heater which is located under the wheel splash cover where you arrowed - well it is winter. Mine packed in about 80K miles and has been locked out (off) by ecu ever since. They start when the engine is running if temperature is below 5 deg I think and run on after you stop for a few minutes. There is the tip of the exhaust pipe under the passenger floor you should see it about 2 cm by 1 cm end sticking out I would say that you could see steam or smoke. There is a mod you can with VCDS to the climate controller so you can switch the FBH on and off on a timer so the car will be warm in the morning. The reason for the FBH is that the deisels are so efficient now that they actually cannot generate enough heat to run efficiently or heat the car. Mine takes over 5 miles to get to normal temperature in freezing weather.

-Craig
ps I am in Basingstoke, and work just south of Reading