PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Cluster Wont Light Up!

SattyA4
14-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Hi All, so now I've had my 2010 A4 for about a month now and I've got its first issue. Noticed that the Rev Counter lights don't show up when the lights are on. The rest of the dash is fine. Ive seen it flicker on and off a couple of times too and I've seen it turn off when I go over a speed bump they flicker back into light or just die.

Has anybody else had a similar issue? Ive booked the car in at the dealers in a 3 weeks until next available date! Luckily the car car has an 3 year extended warrantee :-)

TheNeilJ
14-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Interestingly, a three times recently the very bottom portion of my instrument cluster (from 0 to about 1 on the rev counter and 0 to 20/30 on the speedometer) have gone out while driving on my 2010 S4.

All three times the weather has been horrible with a lot of rain (not sure if this has anything to do with it). The first time I was only on a short 3 mile journey so when I stopped, I turned the engine off removed the keys then restarted car and all was good again. The second time I was on a slightly longer journey and this time I used the instrument dimming knob to turn the dashboard brightness all the way down then back up again, once again they came back on. The third time I was on a long 260 mile journey, when I first noticed it, I tried the dimming trick again but this time it didn't work, I then stopped for fuel about 30min later so thought the engine and lights were turned off, again they failed to come back on, then about an hour later (after getting away from the rain) the lights came back on.

I would also therefore be grateful if anyone has any further information on this problem that is if Satty and myself have the same problem?

Cheers Neil.

Guest 2
14-01-2014, 07:03 PM
Common problem, if you do a search particulary in this section you'll see a new cluster is required or repair by BBA Reman.