PDA

View Full Version : Idicators Not Working

ArtfulHussy
13-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Morning All,

I'm skipping the "Hi-I'm-a-newbie" post.:o

I have a 98 A3 1.9TDI, her idicators gave up the ghost last week. I noticed that the hazards weren't working either, so assumed the relay in the switch unit had gone capoot. I've replaced the hazard switch, which has fixed my hazards (yay!) but not my indicator issue (boo.) Is there another relay controlling the indicators? Or do they have a seperate fuse from the hazards or..? I have been trying to find a fuse diagram for her but I'm not having any luck. If anyone can send me one or point me in the direction of one I would be very grateful.

(For your interest, Audi also needs OSF top mounts, NSF t.r.e, suspected ABS pump, at least two tyres, tracking alignment, an investigation into airbag warning light and a damn coke decoke (intermittant boost and limp-mode issues)... bodywork requires considerable attention also. Picked her up cheap cheap with the intention of saving the old girl. Not regretting it yet but I'm getting there.)

Many thanks

Emma

ArtfulHussy
13-01-2014, 04:42 PM
Quick update.. Popped the fuse box cover off and a 30A just fell out. I have no idea where it is supposed to go.

ArtfulHussy
14-01-2014, 11:49 AM
It is not the fuse or the relay..

Sam
14-01-2014, 12:13 PM
Spray contact cleaner into the steering cowling around the base of the indicator stalk and see if that helps.