PDA

View Full Version : A4 B8 front Audi rings

dode
05-01-2014, 04:09 PM
Hi

I have searched but with little success, apart from the one I found in German (which it wont let me translate) on how to remove my grill on my 2013 A4. I am trying to swap the rings to gloss black. I would like to do this without damaging the rings as I not 100% sure I will like it and may return it to oem.

Thanks

George

Guest 2
05-01-2014, 04:14 PM
As far as I know, you need the front bumper off to remove the grill.

beavim
05-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Yep, Chris is right, bumper off job. Once it is off, then the few torx screws are obvious and easy. although if you only want to do the rings then you won't need to separate them. As the rings at only clipped in then maybe easier to buy a chrome set new if you don't like the black and the originals are damaged.
You any good with Photoshop? That will give you some idea what it will look like without any damage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dode
05-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the replies. I already have the rings on order. Could I prise the front rings off with a flat head screwdriver? If the clips break will they fall onto the floor pan or to the ground? I dont really want to take the bumper off as I dont have the facilities.

Thanks

beavim
05-01-2014, 09:15 PM
You should be able to do it with a screwdriver. If the lugs break they are likely to just stay I'm their sockets and need poking out. If they fall they'll land on top of the under body tray and cause no hassle, but if you really want them accounted for then that plastic tray is only held on with a few torx screws.
Hope that helps

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

dode
05-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Might be the only option I have , cheers