PDA

View Full Version : new audi a4 advice

sps
04-01-2014, 05:59 PM
i will be a getting a 3 yr 6speed manual audi a4 2.0 tdi technik with start stop .
can anyone tell me what is the engine code for this car?
also a link to helpful tehnical info such as gearbox etc.and what engine oil the car uses?
:Blush2:just realised i posted this in the wrong section so hopefully the moderatos will help move to correct section

a8 tech
04-01-2014, 06:04 PM
engine code varies depending on bhp etc, oil long life, manual box oil has no service interval, multi every 40k

check the clutch is ok as they are made of butter and very unreliable also the water pumps leak like a sieve
plus check for g450 error codes in fact buy a b6 :)

sps
04-01-2014, 06:35 PM
engine code varies depending on bhp etc, oil long life, manual box oil has no service interval, multi every 40k

check the clutch is ok as they are made of butter and very unreliable also the water pumps leak like a sieve
plus check for g450 error codes in fact buy a b6 :)

thanks.
the bhp is 136-so what is the engine code?
and what does the g450 error codes relate to?
what is a multi every 40k?
what version of vag.com does one need for diagnostics?

zollaf
04-01-2014, 06:41 PM
lift up the carpet in the boot. here you will find a sticker with the engine code on it, and all the other codes you will ever need that relate to the car. now lift the bonnet and check the code on top of the timing belt cover. this should match what is in the boot.

c.grex
05-01-2014, 11:56 AM
and enter them codes here:
http://igorweb.org/equidec/

and it will do it's best to translate what the mean!

sps
05-01-2014, 03:02 PM
and enter them codes here:
http://igorweb.org/equidec/

and it will do it's best to translate what the mean!

Thanks for this link. What is the timing belt kit change interval for this car.?

sps
10-01-2014, 09:00 PM
the car is is b8 platform audi 2.0tdie technik stop start-2010-engine code CAGB,-am i right in saying that the timing belt change interval is 133,000 miles as per the service booklet.
if that is true then :beerchug:!!