PDA

View Full Version : Sat nav update

Snatchrat
03-01-2014, 06:13 PM
I recently had the factory fitted sat nav updated to the las test 2013 version. Before I took my car to Audi to have the update done I noted down the following from the MMI - software version HNav-eu-K0022-1-D1 nav data base version 8R0060884c-ECE 5.6.8. Getting the car back these details have not changed, my question is, is there anywhere in the sat nav that I can see and confirm and this update has indeed been done? Already spoke to Audi and they tell me that these details do not change. Please can anyone confirm if this is correct and let me know if there is anywhere in the maze of the Mmi I can confirm the latest version is present. Many thanks in advance. Best wishes to all for the New Year.

_tones
04-01-2014, 02:14 AM
I recently had the factory fitted sat nav updated to the las test 2013 version. Before I took my car to Audi to have the update done I noted down the following from the MMI - software version HNav-eu-K0022-1-D1 nav data base version 8R0060884c-ECE 5.6.8. Getting the car back these details have not changed, my question is, is there anywhere in the sat nav that I can see and confirm and this update has indeed been done? Already spoke to Audi and they tell me that these details do not change. Please can anyone confirm if this is correct and let me know if there is anywhere in the maze of the Mmi I can confirm the latest version is present. Many thanks in advance. Best wishes to all for the New Year.

i couldn't say what the latest nav version is but the actual number will change if there was a map update. That is the whole point of versioning. The software version would update if they update the MMI software. To me, it doesn't sound like any update has been done. I would speak to Audi customer services if the dealer is not being forthcoming or ring another dealer and get the latest version number of the maps. Someone on here may be able to give you the latest version number. You cant really test the maps unless you know of a new road near you that wasn't on your old version but now is.

p.s this may help HDD Sat Nav 2013 Map Update Identification [Archive] - VW AUDI Forum - VWAF (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-142127.html)

Snatchrat
04-01-2014, 06:09 PM
[QUOTE=_tones;869916]i couldn't say what the latest nav version is but the actual number will change if there was a map update. That is the whole point of versioning. The software version would update if they update the MMI software. To me, it doesn't sound like any update has been done. I would speak to Audi customer services if the dealer is not being forthcoming or ring another dealer and get the latest version number of the maps. Someone on here may be able to give you the latest version number. You cant really test the maps unless you know of a new road near you that wasn't on your old version but now is.

p.s this may help HDD Sat Nav 2013 Map Update Identification [Archive] - VW AUDI Forum - VWAF (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-142127.html)[/QU

Tones many thanks for the info. Looks like I will be doin digging

dts439
06-01-2014, 02:51 PM
Our A1 is going back in again next week to have its nav update reapplied as the version had not changed.

Snatchrat
06-01-2014, 08:10 PM
Hi dts439, did you by any chance take it to Southampton Audi in chandlers ford?

dts439
06-01-2014, 08:29 PM
Hi dts439, did you by any chance take it to Southampton Audi in chandlers ford?

No this was Basingstoke. Though to be fair to them it appears to be a common problem for the HDD Sat Nav updates. It can take many hours to complete the update and I believe it has to be connected to Audi in Germany during the process as well. Still a pain as we have to lose the car for a day again.

Snatchrat
06-01-2014, 08:55 PM
Hello again dts439
i am waiting to hear back from Southampton Audi with regards to their findings on why the update didn't happen. No doubt will receive call and will lose the car too for a day. You don't know by any chance what version number is for the latest update?

dts439
08-01-2014, 09:10 AM
I also have an A4 with the 3G HDD sat nav. This was May 2010 and is:

HNav_EU_K0031_3_D1

8R0060884J ECE 5.10.5

For comparison our A1with 3G+ is 8R0060884N ECE 5.12.5 (Dec 2010) I think that the latest (2013) maps are 8R0060884AR ECE 6.15.5. Note these are due to be updated again in early 2014.

porty
08-01-2014, 12:28 PM
I had lots of issues getting my Audi S4 3G MMI Sat Nav updated last year. If the numbers haven't changed, it hasn't been updated. To be fair to the Audi dealer network, it seems that Audi have made it a very difficult thing to do. In my case, we eventually found out that the software version needed to be updated before the most recent database could be applied.

Snatchrat
08-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Hi dts439 & porty,
Many thanks for all your info. The car is going back to Audi tomorrow and I will mention the information you have passed on. Hopefully with this it will get sorted! On a different note, two rear parking sensors replaced under warranty last week, both have failed again today aarh!

dts439
08-01-2014, 06:54 PM
In my case, we eventually found out that the software version needed to be updated before the most recent database could be applied.
Thanks for the tip, will mention this to the dealer when the A1 goes in

Snatchrat
09-01-2014, 07:47 PM
Car went back into Audi this morning for another try at the sat nav update. They called me at half three to say the update has finally been installed after five hours! First they had to update the MMI software before it would allow the sat nav to update. Once the MMI had been updated then they could load the new maps. Audi said it has been a learning curve for them and finally happy it is now completed. Have checked version number etc in MMI and they have certainly changed from those that were in there this morning.

unfortunately they could not find a fault in the rear parking sensors, it looks like they have fixed themselves before an Audi tech could get his fingers on them....arr well one out of two isn't bad.

Once again thank you to all those members who have added words of wisdom, hopefully anyone else that wish to go through this process will be pre-armed with some background knowledge.