PDA

View Full Version : rumbling, humming wheel noise

winnie070383
02-01-2014, 10:59 PM
Hi guys just an update for if anybody else has a similar issue I have a a4 b8 only done 44000 miles and last week started a very bad noise from the front pass wheel, my first thought was wheel bearing but I wasn't 100 percent and you start panaking thinking of all the other things it could be as it sounded like there was something stuck catching the tyre or running on knobbley tyres as it soon developed a little vibration thou the steering wheel and pedals.
Anyhow today it was confirmed by the garage (not audi) it is the wheel bearing and a few hrs later it was all sorted and back to normal now, quite unbelievable how in the last 6 months an audi with less than 45000 miles on the clock, well looked after and never abused has had a snapped rear spring and a front bearing failure, guess they just don't build them like they used to:( and for that reason after owning audi's for a good few years it is time to move on :D

belly buster
03-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Wheel bearing issues are very common on the B8.

Not sure if they do make them like they used to, but they certainly make a lot more speed humps than they used to which I suspect may be a factor.