PDA

View Full Version : Question MMI installation

lee_mailz
01-01-2014, 09:31 PM
Hi all, I've just bought my first Audi;) It's a S4 Avant on a 60 plate and made my first ever post on a forum! I was time constrained when looking for one and in the end bought one with the concert III system. Now that I have it I find that I really want the extra bells & whistles, and I've got the opportunity to buy a MMI Navigation plus system from a breakers (from a 12 plate A4 TDI). Has anyone else done this retrofit on an A4? I've been on a website called Kufatec and they're selling a kit so I guess its possible, if expensive. Also if I do manage to splice in the new system will there be any problems with Audi down the line? Do I need to take the car to audi to get the system activated? Do I need any special tools/software to activate the system?

Guest 2
01-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Welcome to VWAF

To be honest, you're in for a big fight on your hands.

You're gonna require loads of wiring diagrams, component protection removal, VCDS or VAS, hours and hours of research, new dash, new centre console etc.

I wouldn't do it and remember any Garmin or Tomtom is better than any Audi nav system.

It can be done, but Audi won't honor any warranty claims on the parts and by modifying the wiring of the car, this may be invalidated too.