PDA

View Full Version : Fmic to 2.0 tdi

Antowens
01-01-2014, 07:13 PM
Has anyone ever fitted a FMIC to there A4 i believe they can help power gains andengine efficiency dont know how true it is but what i have been told what are peoples opions on these

Trekmeister
01-01-2014, 08:31 PM
Has anyone ever fitted a FMIC to there A4 i believe they can help power gains andengine efficiency dont know how true it is but what i have been told what are peoples opions on these

Unless you have modified your engine I cant see it being of any real benefit tbh.

zollaf
01-01-2014, 08:49 PM
you fit a fmic ( front mounted intercooler) to high performance petrol engines, to eeek every last bit of power from them. take a nissan pulsar gtir, 200 bhp with the cooler on top of the engine, you fit a new turbo, forged engine etc, and a fmic to run 350 bhp +.
on your 2.0 tdi, you will see no gain at all. maybe 1/2 hp if you are lucky, because you have probably fitted a bigger intercooler which will cool the air slightly more. you first off fit a bigger turbo, injectors, and lots of other expensive and shiny things, then a fmic. or just buy a car with more power to start with. the best and easiest way to get more bang for your bucks is a simple remap.