PDA

View Full Version : Looking at the A3

steve67
28-12-2013, 04:26 PM
Hi we are looking thinking of swapping to an A3, se, 1.6tdi.with hill hold and parking sensors

has anyone come across any good deals?

Derby Audi are not playing the game....and not moving on a deal.
i know we all have to make a living but its christmas.....;)

steve67
30-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Ok , it's the old petrol v diesel
1.6 tdi
or
1.4tsi
i'm waiting for some pcp deals to be worked on,
but what mpg do you gents get?
my wife will use the car most of the time doing 10k a year 75% around town doing similar runs as per my fuelly account,
the golf mpg has not been what we expected, are the new engines any better?

thanks for any advice.:biglaugh:

c.grex
31-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Ok , it's the old petrol v diesel
1.6 tdi
or
1.4tsi
i'm waiting for some pcp deals to be worked on,
but what mpg do you gents get?
my wife will use the car most of the time doing 10k a year 75% around town doing similar runs as per my fuelly account,
the golf mpg has not been what we expected, are the new engines any better?

thanks for any advice.:biglaugh:

mpg is now very rarely anywhere near what the book quotes. so don't think because it says you'll get 50mpg from the petrol, you will in the real world. I would have thought if your looking at PCP, then the diesel will not be that much different on the monthly payments.

are you willing to travel for the car, if the discount was right?

steve67
31-12-2013, 08:15 AM
[/QUOTE are you willing to travel for the car, if the discount was right?[/QUOTE]

Yes. If the price is right.

traveled many a mile in the past for a car

james_tiger_woo
31-12-2013, 12:17 PM
I get about 50mpg from the 2.0 diesel. Just. However, I do wish I'd gone for the petrol (any) as my mileage has dropped off significantly and a diesel doesn't make sense any more.

About 20k PA is the kind of mileage you need to be looking at to make the cost justification - Unless you really want that diesel which will be more economical, but more expensive to buy.

steve67
31-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I get about 50mpg from the 2.0 diesel. Just. However, I do wish I'd gone for the petrol (any) as my mileage has dropped off significantly and a diesel doesn't make sense any more.

About 20k PA is the kind of mileage you need to be looking at to make the cost justification - Unless you really want that diesel which will be more economical, but more expensive to buy.

thanks for the info,
i do 10k a year, but i'm looking at pcp, so when you work it out, its about the same per month, as i wouldn't be buy the car outright, and off setting the gfv against the lower cost of a petrol.
its a minefield these days with mpg's been false in the real world ,pcp, etc...
they should be made to produce the real world mpg not these factory/lab figures

james_tiger_woo
31-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Fair point, I missed the PCP part.

If you do plenty of motorway, get the diesel though - the 1.6 is very economical :) Its not 78mpg economical (or whatever Audi quotes) though :)

keeper
31-12-2013, 08:02 PM
Fair point, I missed the PCP part.

If you do plenty of motorway, get the diesel though - the 1.6 is very economical :) Its not 78mpg economical (or whatever Audi quotes) though :)

Mines now done 1500 miles and on a run i'm getting 63, based on my A1 I expect this to rise with a few more miles.
In the A1 i used to average 60mpg on a hilly 32 mile trip.

To finish it off i'd add , auto lights, wipers and dimming mirror and aluminium highlights and interior light pack, or the comfort package.

Really pleased with mine, engines good, will get you places without getting you into trouble.

keeper
31-12-2013, 08:04 PM
Try having a chat with Gary Oakes at Macclesfield Audi..