PDA

View Full Version : Seat adjustment - Sport model

DaveA
10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
I was hoping that someone may have some ideas on the adjustment of the angle of the seats on my passat.

I have a Dec06 2.0TDI Sport with the bucket type seats and whilst I can adjust the height of the seat no problem, I don't appear to be able to adjust the angle of the seat.

Regardless of the height, the seat remains at quite a steep angle to the floor which in my car means the front of the seat is very high and the back is very low. The problem I have is the front edge of the seat digs into the back of my leg while changing gear and is quite uncomfortable particularily when driving in traffic for a long period. This happens even when I have the seat in it's lowest position.

"Are you a short ****" I hear you cry, 'No' is the answer I'm 6'1" yet still have the problem. If only I could adjust the angle it would be much more comfortable.

Hopefully this makes sense so if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear them

Thanks

Dave

carl s
11-09-2007, 09:00 PM
I have the sports seats but they're something daft like 18-way electric. There's an adjustment for the height of the front of the seat base as well as the rear of the seat base. I would assume it's the same with the part-electric ones

DaveA
12-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Sadly not. I only have two electrical switches that moved the back of the seat and the lumbar support only and one manual lever to adjust the height. Nothing to adjust the seat base.

Thanks for responding !

Dave

iaint
12-09-2007, 10:45 AM
It sounds as if the amount of adjustment on your Sport model is the same as on my SE. I also don't have a seat angle adjustment but I find the seat height adjustment alters the angle as well as the height.

In it's lowest position the seat base does angle backwards but as you raise the height it does straighten out somewhat. You could try raising the seat as high as possible and see if that helps

Having said that, you may find you can't raise the seat enough without your head touching the roof.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
Iain