PDA

View Full Version : gt tdi 170 dpf removal

darcy gt
21-12-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi there after a bit more help, dpf light is on and is at 95% car is in limp mode so gona have the dpf removed and deleted Monday, but iam going to take the filter out tomorrow, A friend is going to do the delete and remap but will the car be ok to drive 5 miles to his work shop without the dpf filter in the exhaust thanks

M1tchy
21-12-2013, 11:55 PM
Just a quick personal thanks. Now that you have decided to remove your DPF I will have the pleasure of breathing in all the extra sh!;e that will come out of your exhaust and into the atmosphere.

A HEART FELT THANK YOU!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Guest 2
21-12-2013, 11:58 PM
Not read the new mot rules on dpf's no?

darcy gt
22-12-2013, 01:23 AM
but i fault as long as the car passes the emissions test it is fine and dose not pollute the air any more than a 140 golf without the dpf

Doctle Odd
22-12-2013, 09:41 AM
I think it was Zollaf that pointed out that cars with a DPF have lower rates of road tax because they pollute less.

zollaf
22-12-2013, 12:20 PM
at the moment it will pass an emissions test but if vosa introduce a new smoke testing machine next year that can test for the presence of a dpf, anyone that has been clever and deleted it but left the outer part of the dpf in place will be ******. also, if vosa do a roadside test, you will fail. a bit like peope who remove cats from petrol cars. if vosa catch you they may also ask you to pay the tax money you have saved since the dpf was removed. sorry to be blunt, its there for a reason, if you don't like it, buy something else or fit a new dpf. simples. and no, i am not a killjoy but i did enjoy saying 'told you so' when someone ignores good advice and then moans when they get a huge fine and have to watch their car being crushed. but hey, its your car and money.

Doctle Odd
22-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I see local farmers with new Audis, Skodas Passats etc crawling around at 30 MPH oblivious to their DPF. It's not practical for those type of drivers or anyone that doesn't do higher mileage with some 60+ MPH driving.

zollaf
22-12-2013, 12:38 PM
no, they need a petrol, or a later diesel in 3 or 4 years time when technology is better, or an older diesel with no dpf. as you say, the dpf is fitted to meet euro 4 or 5 emissions levels. remove it and its an offence. its like people that buy a bluemotion then fit wider alloys etc... but still claim the 30 quid a year tax.