PDA

View Full Version : Audi 80 TDI avant 8C.B4 1995 (Z1 Engine)

Audibuf
20-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Hi Could anyone help me. I need to change my ECU for a new one, I have another correct unit but need to copy the Id and Immobiliser code from the old unit to the new, using VAGCom Vcds Lite software. Could anyone give me some guidance as without the code swap the hardware change just shuts the engine down.

Regards Nigel

Col
20-12-2013, 02:02 AM
You cannot do it with vcds.

Audibuf
20-12-2013, 02:07 AM
Hi BigCol,
Any idea how I can do it, can I home do it? or is it an expensive garage job?
Nige

Col
20-12-2013, 01:10 PM
There might be people on here or other forums with the software to do it. I don't know anyone.

zollaf
20-12-2013, 01:50 PM
hmm, no immobiliser in my ecu ? is there a chip in your key or do you have an immob unit on the back of your injection pump ?

Audibuf
21-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Hi Zollaf,
I'm guessing there is a chip in the key. No immobiliser on the fuel pump, just a standard VP37.
Thanks Audibuf.

zollaf
21-12-2013, 09:40 AM
maybe the very last had one but i have never come across an 80 with a factory immob. they do have the one in the boot thats part of the central locking motor/pump, but that is switched on and off when you lock and unlock with the key. mine is wired out though, which just involves joining 2 wires together.
does your key come apart to find the chip ?

micheal balbrig
21-12-2013, 11:50 AM
I replied to this in audi a4 95 section

Michael

Audibuf
21-12-2013, 02:38 PM
Hi Zollaf,
Yep mine also has thecentral locking control unit in the boot. That seems to be working fine, unless this communicates with ECU under the passenger dashto immobilise the engine as well?.
The reason I’m replacing the ECU is to install a couple ofperformance chips. As your probablyaware the chips are soldered to the PCB . As i don’t want risk damaging the original ECU, I managed toget hold of a replacement ECU with the same part number. This allows me to copy the Id codesfor the Immobiliser, which apparently you can do Via Vagcom VCDS, I just haven’tfound any instruction yet, then solderin 2 base carriers for the chips for easy removal. I then have the standard ECU and a chipped ECUto play with, easy install, plug and play. I’ll also contact Micheal Balbrig,as he seems very knowledgeable also on these old Audi gems. He’s asked if I have the key and ignition ringwith the donor ECU, unfortunately I don’t. Many thanks for the help so far though, I have a passionate love of thesebullet proof old machines and I’m sure someone can shed some light, many thanksNigel.

Audibuf
21-12-2013, 02:54 PM
Hi Micheal,
Unfortunately I don’t have the key and ignition ring withthe donor ECU. I first tried a straight swap of the ECU but it just shuts downon immobiliser, that’s why I’m seeking some help, the story so far is.
The reason I’m replacing the ECU is to install a couple ofperformance chips. As your probablyaware the chips are soldered to the PCB . As I don’t want to risk damaging the originalECU, I managed to get hold of a replacement ECU with the same part number. This allows me to copy the Id codesfor the Immobiliser, which apparently you can do Via Vagcom VCDS, I just haven’tfound any instruction yet, then solder in 2 base carriers for the chips foreasy removal. I then have the standardECU and a chipped ECU to play with, easy install, plug and play. Any help wouldbe greatly appreciated as it seems you are very knowledgeable on these old Audigems. Many thanks for the help so far. Ihave a passionate love of these bullet proof old machines and I’m sure someonecan shed some light, many thanks Nigel.

zollaf
21-12-2013, 03:17 PM
i also have 2 ecu's for mine, one with a performance chip and one standard. the chip are already in a carrier so no soldering needed on mine and i can change between ecus with no problem at all. i am intrigued as mine is a very late 80 with the slightly more powerful engine and deffo has no immobiliser in the ecu, no chip in the key etc..

micheal balbrig
21-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Hello Nigel
I am not sure if this is any help,I have an old scan sheet for my 95 Audi 80 which reads,
Address 25 Immobilizer
Part Number 4AO 953 234
Component IMMO AUZ9Z0R6048053DD??
VCID DFC72CDC77??
Helmsy from Scotland sent me some wiring diagram for A 80 and it contained some IMMO Diagram You may find same in old A 80 posts, (from months ago. Dec. 2012)
My knowledge is very limited and only based on practical diy experience and help from forum members
Maybe someone can tell if IMMO unit can be recoded
Another thought! It seems that some non identical ecu's carry same part numbers. Can you be sure that your donor came from a car with IMMO?
If not try and locate one (to try out) and maybe what you are trying may be possible.

Michael

micheal balbrig
21-12-2013, 11:41 PM
Came across this at www.s2forum=63633 (http://www.s2forum=63633) Google it
It is for newer model, but may be useful information
Michael