PDA

View Full Version : Car value

darich
18-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Hi all
I知 close to trading in my car and wondered what you guys thought I should get on a trade in.

My car is a black 2006 A4 2.0Tfsi Quattro SLine Special Edition with FSH (some dealer, some indy). 64k miles. Several MOT certificates to confirm mileage....current MOT expires in June, Tax expires end of December 2013.
Hi spec including sat nav RNS-E unit, multiplayer cd in glove box. Condition is fine for year....not perfect, but by no means is it shabby.
Car I知 looking at is just under 18k before any negotiations so I知 hoping for a cost to change of 」11k....trade in value of 」6500 if I can get it.

I've owned the car for 4 years and am the 3rd owner.

Am I close? Or wildly optimistic??
Would be willing to sell privately if buyer can take it away within a week or so.

slippyr4
18-12-2013, 04:01 PM
I'd abuse the webuyanycar valuation (use a fake phone number so they don't hassle you). Their initial "offer" is usually very close to the CAP value of it (that's where they get their data after all). That's about what your car is worth to a dealer who has no interest in selling the car himself. So that's a starting point.

darich
18-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Don’t know why I didn’t think of that.....especially since I’ve used the site numerous times in the past.
Webuyanycar is quoting 」6420 so I’m quite happy at aiming for a minimum of 」6500.....might even push that towards 」6700 or even 」6800
I know this isn’t the “for sale” section of the forum but if anyone is interested then feel free to pm me