PDA

View Full Version : What dose it mean for the two numbers displayed under "Transport" mode of new B7 2012

seanyang2006
15-12-2013, 07:40 AM
Hi ,guys:
I am trying to get my new car from local dealer ,it's a B7 Alltrack. When I checked this car I found it's under transport mode ,the panel displayed two numbers:
Tra 12.7 Trip 31.6

I am very confused by these two numbers ,with questions and need your help since I can't get clear explanation from local dealer :
1. What's the meaning of 12.7?---I learned from web that it's possibly a value of electricity quantity to measure the electricity usage under Tra mode--- But somebody told me it may be battery voltage? Or I initially just thought it's mileage driven under transport mode?
2. What's the exactly meaning of trip 31.6?----can it be cleared under transport mode? If can, is it useless?If can not, by which way will it be memorized ?
3. What will be the trip number if the car would be switched to a normal mode---I mean ,if the trip 31.6 will be accumulated to the normal mode so that I can get a true mileage number from the beginning the car out of manufacturer to my hand?

Thanks for help !!!!

Avidfanofstuff
15-12-2013, 08:57 AM
12.7 represents your battery voltage as transport mode is designed to reduce battery drain when the car is in "transport" and possibly sitting around in car yards awaiting purchase.

The dealer will de-activate it before handing the car over to you.

Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour: Transport Mode (http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/transport-mode.html)

Trip is just your trip computer.

I know for BMW cars transport mode will limit the engines RPM so that the cars are not thrashed prior to delivery.

seanyang2006
15-12-2013, 01:44 PM
12.7 represents your battery voltage as transport mode is designed to reduce battery drain when the car is in "transport" and possibly sitting around in car yards awaiting purchase.

The dealer will de-activate it before handing the car over to you.

Ross-Tech: VCDS Tour: Transport Mode (http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/transport-mode.html)

Trip is just your trip computer.

I know for BMW cars transport mode will limit the engines RPM so that the cars are not thrashed prior to delivery.

Thanks for reply.
So, after dealer de-activated this tra mode ,can I still get to know the mileage traveled under transport mode---will the trip number under transport mode be accumulated to the normal mode ?

M1tchy
15-12-2013, 01:47 PM
Yes I believe so, the predelivery mileage and anything after transport mode is deactivated, are added together to give the full mileage of the car.

seanyang2006
15-12-2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks M1tchy.
Is there any material to describe the transport mode --- especially for the mileage accumulation under transport mode?