PDA

View Full Version : remaps

ray38carp
15-12-2013, 12:00 AM
Hi
Can anyone recommend a good remap guy in he Manchester area,,, cheers

Guest 2
15-12-2013, 12:03 AM
Have a look here Site Sponsors - Directory Of Site Sponsors (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?215-Site-Sponsors-Directory-Of-Site-Sponsors) to see if there any local to you who sponsor the forum and provide a discount.

darich
15-12-2013, 01:32 PM
I used Shark Performance who don't appear on that list but used to be a site sponsor. He was cheaper to remap my car and fit Cruise control than local places so I travelled from Glasgow to his place in Mansfield (I think it was).
Might also be worth seeing if you have a local indy....I know my local indy does remaps.....might save you travelling far even if it's slightly more expensive, the reduced travel might make it worthwhile.

ray38carp
15-12-2013, 05:02 PM
How have you found the remap? are you happy with it?

darich
15-12-2013, 05:09 PM
It's superb.
I noticed a difference within seconds....before I had even got out of first gear and I wasn't driving hard at all.
I didn't get the remap to improve economy....if I wanted mpg I'd have bought a diesel! :)
Performance is solid....pulls well in every gear for longer. I also bought Shark's Self Tuning System (STS)....check it out on their site for further info. After some technical difficulties at Shark's premises, he gave me a discount and I left without the remap (that's the point of the STS) and I remapped it myself on my drive.
It'll be easy enough for me to remove the map when it comes time to sell the car.

If you're serious about remaps, then tell your insurance when you get it done or even better, that you're planning it. They'll advise of any additional premium. And if your chosen place for remaps tells you the insurance can't find out, he's lying....might be better to use somewhere else. Insurers and dealers can find out quite easily if the car has been remapped so always better to tell them. My insurance for the car, fully comp with various addons inc protected NCD is only around £210 and that's informing them about the remap.....but some will refuse.....my insurer is elephant so mainstream companies will cover you...but be upfront about it.

ray38carp
15-12-2013, 09:27 PM
sounds great, gonna look into it after Christmas

AP_Automotive
16-12-2013, 11:16 PM
If it helps, we are an authorised Shark Performance Dealer, however we are in Telford, Shropshire