PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation

andy_b
07-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Hi Guys, I now have a hole in my back box thanks the kids throwing metal bars under cars as they pass on my mk4 golf gt tdi, Its the perfect opportunity I think to tidy the rear end up,

What back boxes can i get for the price a a relacement £219 i Like the twin round style, but being new to VW's im not sure on what is best

Any Suggestions

Andy

HUTCH
18-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Morning
Try looking on the following website. This company are a northern based motor factor and are very helpful at sourcing aftermarket products. Best of luck

www.andrewpage.com (http://www.andrewpage.com)

andy_b
19-09-2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks Hutch will give them a look, just had a tempoary repair done on it will see what thay can do.

You from round the north west?

Teutonic_Tamer
18-01-2007, 04:00 PM
I don't know if you are after any kind of "upgrade", but Milltek Sport http://www.millteksport.com/ are regarded as the best pipes for VAG cars.

Rgds

devonutopia
19-01-2007, 12:29 AM
Powerflow stuff is usually decent enough. I paid £170 for a fastflow box and twin tail. All that has since gone to be replaced by a race big bore downpipe coming off the turbo, and 2.25" stainless pipe going to an oval tail. That's all my exhaust is now and it's awesome. I will always maintain THE best TDI exhaust you can have is no exhaust at all. All thats needed is a pipe and you something that performs better than a £600/£700 branded system.

Huweth
19-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Yep. Most TDI modders in the US perform a 'Mufflerectomy' as they like to call it. They just buy some steel pipe, have it bent to shape, and fit it from straight behind the downpipe. The turbo muffles enough of the sound, and a lot of them claim less turbolag due to better flow/backpressure. They also suggest leaving the pipe stick out behind the rear bumper by a few inches to prevent droning sounds, but in general they sound only ever so slightly louder than the standard exhaust, but with a nicer turbo whine.
Search 'mufflerectomy' on youtube.com and you see some videos.