PDA

View Full Version : Rumbling Noise NSF

daveo138
12-12-2013, 01:05 AM
I'm looking at having another Passat after two years with a Mondeo.

I've test-driven two, so far, and both seemed to have a rumbling/droning noise from the nearside front. They were both ex-rental/VW Fleet (?) and 2.0 diesel DSG.

The first one I tested was a couple of months ago. I drove the other one today and was surprised to hear the same noise. The salesman got a tech to go out with me and he seemed to think it was tyre noise (Dunlop). When I returned, the salesman even said that one of his colleagues remembered me making the same comment last time, before saying that it's highly unlikely that two cars would have the same thing wrong with them.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem.

kabooooooom
12-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Can't say I've heard that but maybe because it is droned out by all the other annoying noises!
Mine was in last week for a NSR door knock that turned out to need aligning/greasing (so see how long the noise goes away for) and a dashboard that rattles like hell. The tech said it was a false economy impact of using recycled plastics that they were forever trying to fix.
Apart from the rattles, great car (so far).

daveo138
20-12-2013, 11:18 PM
I've had a third (successful) test drive at a different dealership and done a deal. No nasty noises this time.

Hopefully have the new(er) car next week.