PDA

View Full Version : new Tonneau cover/Parcel shelf :Fitting it!!

PopDorset
26-08-2004, 06:17 PM
In case anyone's interested in doing so, I recently fitted the VW brackets to my 98 Sharan 1.9 tdi Sport and bought a secondhand tonneau.

I can dig out the instructions if anyone wants them, but basically the tonneau is quite a dear buy if you don't get one with the original car purchase. My car was secondhand so...no choice! I tried E-bay and was suprised to find 3 up for auction. To cut a long story short I paid £65 for a virtually unused one. The brackets all came from Loders VW in Dorchester for about £20 which is all far less than the £220 quoted from this dealer for everything. ;)

The fitting was a little involved but not too arduous and involved taking off trim panels and seals at the rear, but everything is included for the money including screws and some beafy pop rivets to attach the brackets to the bodywork where the holes are already drilled (very accuratly, I may say!) The other bonus is that the reverse of the side panels, made of some composite material, is already marked out for drilling/cutting and the plastic sockets for the tonneau cover up any ragged edges. Very professional finished job, but allow half a day!!! :approve:

Instructions/help available if needed :1zhelp:

PopDorset

Jgodfrey
15-11-2005, 04:58 PM
Would love fitting instructions as I have done similar, local garage and husband can't make any sense of fixing kit. My e-mail is jjohnston26@hotmail.com

stephen cornell
19-11-2006, 09:17 PM
In case anyone's interested in doing so, I recently fitted the VW brackets to my 98 Sharan 1.9 tdi Sport and bought a secondhand tonneau.

I can dig out the instructions if anyone wants them, but basically the tonneau is quite a dear buy if you don't get one with the original car purchase. My car was secondhand so...no choice! I tried E-bay and was suprised to find 3 up for auction. To cut a long story short I paid £65 for a virtually unused one. The brackets all came from Loders VW in Dorchester for about £20 which is all far less than the £220 quoted from this dealer for everything. ;)

The fitting was a little involved but not too arduous and involved taking off trim panels and seals at the rear, but everything is included for the money including screws and some beafy pop rivets to attach the brackets to the bodywork where the holes are already drilled (very accuratly, I may say!) The other bonus is that the reverse of the side panels, made of some composite material, is already marked out for drilling/cutting and the plastic sockets for the tonneau cover up any ragged edges. Very professional finished job, but allow half a day!!! :approve:

PopDorset
please send me instructions if still have copy thanks steve

Topcat
05-06-2007, 11:18 PM

PopDorset
Hi Pop Dorset,
Do you still have the fitting instructions for the sharan load cover. I am very interested in fitting this to my vehicle, only to be put off by not sure how to install it as my MK1 1996 sharan 2l CL does not have the fixing brackets. Please let me know if it is possible to install in the above model.
Many thanks
Topcat

pread
18-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Hi Pop Dorset please email fitting instructions if available, I'd really appreciate it, to readco@btinternet.com

Thanks a lot

pread

Ozzy
22-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Hi Pop Dorset,
Any chance you could send me a copy of the fitting instructions .

many thanks. nairny@tiscali.co.uk

Topcat
23-06-2009, 07:15 AM
Hi Pop Dorset,

any thanks for your reply, any chance you could send me a copy of the fitting instructions for me to have a look please. My email address is stephen.wannell1@ntlworld.com (stephen.wannell1@ntlworld.com)

Many Thanks

Topcat :beerchug:

rkmurf
05-08-2014, 05:12 PM
I appreciate this is an old thread but if anyone has fitting instructions I could do with them please!