PDA

View Full Version : New A7 Owner, Coupe of Questions

LOgley
10-12-2013, 11:47 AM
Just taken delivery of a new A7 (204PS S-Line Black Edition Quattro, with Tech Pack Advanced, in Daytona Grey)

I'm slowly getting around all the buttons and features, but couple of issue are still bugging me :-

1. When my contacts are copied over from iPhone 5S, my phone has 72 contacts, but the phone copies 204 contacts over. The extra ones are blank and cannot be called. Strangely the blank ones don't show on the DIS, only the main popup display.
2. Whilst on the motorway in bad traffic, the satnav does not appear to show traffic conditions on the map (green/orange/red), and if click [Info] it tells me about issues miles away (I'm junction 37, yet info shows issues at jct 10??)

Thanks

Lee.

Moogie
10-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Hi there!
I'm also a recent proud new owner and had the same issue.
it's because your phone is probably sync'd to outlook.
Outlook keeps a list of 'suggested' contacts in a folder. These are mainly email addresses, but they get sync,d to your phone, then to the car. The MMI displays them as blanks for somecreason. i sorted the problem by deleting the 'suggested' contacts folder in outlook. resyncd thevphone to outlook, then to the car and everything became tidy on the MMI (ie, all the blanks vanished!).
let me know if it works for you. i'm typing this from memory, but if it doesnt work, i can retrace my steps and try and provide more details.
For the TMC, i've noticed i've not received any traffic messages for a week. i dont know if the service goes down from time to time, but am going to try resetting the MMI tomorrow on my commute.

LOgley
11-12-2013, 10:44 AM
Moogie,

Thanks for that, it was suggested contacts, deleted them last night and when I got in the car this morning, all the blank ones are now gone. Strange that the main pop up displays these but the DIS does not. You might also have been right in regards to the TMC, as the map is now showing traffic conditions.

Only niggles now are :-

1. I have the Map on Auto for Day/Night, but it doesn't switch to DAY mode. Set off this morning, and it was in NIGHT mode, thought after a minute or so it would change, but after driving for 5 plus minutes still in NIGHT mode, so switched it manually. Set of this morning at 8.30, so was quite bright outside?

2. Small one this, but the rear window takes an age to defrost. I know it was quite cold this morning 2C, but by the time I got to work 40 minutes later, still not fully cleared up. Must be how it's designed so can live with it.

Loving the HUD and Automatic Cruise Control though :)

Lee.

@mark
11-12-2013, 12:33 PM
1. I have the Map on Auto for Day/Night, but it doesn't switch to DAY mode. Set off this morning, and it was in NIGHT mode, thought after a minute or so it would change, but after driving for 5 plus minutes still in NIGHT mode, so switched it manually. Set of this morning at 8.30, so was quite bright outside?

Are your lights set to auto?

If you lights are on (either manually or at night) the display will go into night mode so check you are not running around with your lights turned on

LOgley
11-12-2013, 02:01 PM
Mark,

No I've got the lights set to Auto. Will see what happens tomorrow, and if still playing up will pop it down to an Audi Garage.

M1tchy
11-12-2013, 02:59 PM
Are the rest of your dash lights on? Ie the lights behind the buttons? Or was it raining?

If so, the car thinks its dark enough (or wet enough) to need its lights on so will put the screen in night mode too. Mine will flick between day and night mode multiple times on recent journeys. Probably as it's winter and the light levels are hovering around the cars "night" threshold?

PS, great choice of colour!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

LOgley
11-12-2013, 03:21 PM
If I'm honest I can't remember, will take note tomorrow morning. Wasn't Raining, at I 'thought' it was quite bright out.

Yeah the colour goes well with the wheels and rear tints.