PDA

View Full Version : 1.9 tdi help please I'm stuck

dervquattro
09-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Hi I've got a 1.9 tdi b5 a4 here and it's never let me down until now it's been stood for a bit and now when it starts sometimes it goes to limp mode and there is no throttle response
it seems to do this after it's Locked and with the key, also the floor in the drivers side is wet it's obviously leaking water in from somewhere, so I though the TPS could be suffering , like I said the problem has always come up when the car has been locked and will be back to normal usually after it's been left
any help much appreciated I'm seriously stuck

spartacus 68
09-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Water on the carpet is most likely blocked plenum chamber. This is the area where the battery sides next to the bulkhead. The rubber grommets fill up with dirt, etc. Disconnect the battery to get proper access, just remember to check you have the radio key code first.

Limp mode... Check out this thread from earlier in the year.
Please Help 1.9 tdi in limp mode, power loss (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?142741-1-9-tdi-in-limp-mode-power-loss)

Nigella
31-12-2013, 02:03 AM
Dont you mean bulkhead drains??

A plenum chamber is a pressurised housing containing a gas or fluid (typically air ) at positive pressure (pressure higher than surroundings). More common on fuel injected engines just prior to and connected to the inlet manifold....