PDA

View Full Version : Heater

Gourockian
09-12-2013, 01:46 PM
Hi folks,

would someone who owns a new A3 2.0 Diesel please tell me how quickly the heater heats up these cold mornings. I was under the impression that they would all have the PTC electric booster, but comments in this month's Audi Driver Magazine, admittedly some of them being in the TT Road Test rather than the A3 test would imply that at least some are not fitted with the PTC heater.

Thanks,

Stewart.

james_tiger_woo
10-12-2013, 11:39 AM
My heater worked, properly, after about 5 minutes - I'm not sure if the auxiliary heater makes a difference (it's enabled in the MMI) but it's quick enough :)

Gourockian
10-12-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks James, sounds not too bad.

My real worry is it needs to be good to compensate for lack of heated front screen, which I am used to. I have discussed this in the Golf Forum, as it could have been
enough to tempt me intro a Golf rather than an A3, but the marketing of the heated screen on the Golf seems a bit shambolic.

EDIT :- I've just realised it was you James who complained about poor demisting in another thread. Has that been sorted ?

james_tiger_woo
12-12-2013, 09:04 PM
It's quite odd, if I'm honest as it seems to come and go - yesterday in the thick fog and cold weather, the screen cleared quickly (well, it did once the air con kicked in properly) and stayed clear even when not on windscreen clear. But other times it's pretty bad and the interior mists up quickly - I do wonder if it's me as I'm partial to a roasting hot car (apart from in summer when it has to be freezing cold).

I'm sure a proper heated front screen would be infinitely better, but as a rule, it's not bad. :)