PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Earthing fault?

Grasmer
06-12-2013, 08:31 PM
Hi Forum,

Hoping someone can shed some light. I swapped my JVC head unit for a Sony head unit today, JVC doesnt require a cross over cable but Sony does so i installed one too. Also was looking a light in drivers door, it wasnt working so i popped out the unit and was gonna replace the bulb figuring that was what was gone but when i put it back in and connected it up it worked!..

And now for the problem, whenever i turn on indicators the fog light indicator on instrument cluister lights up in time with the indicator. when i look outside, all repeaters are working but on both rear the running lights and indicator are flashing away along with the braking light strip (i'm all for festive but this is ridiculous!) . Same when i put oin hazards. Also when i press the brakes, both indicators flashers in instrument clusters slightly light up, fog light indicator comes on.

So i thought i may have pinched something or caught something with headunit swap, so i switched back. Fog light indicator still lights up on instrument cluster but only when indicating right and braking, but only the n/s rear light cluster is winking away at me. indicators dont light up on insturment cluster when brakes are pressed either following swap back.

I've checked all the wiring i can see in centre console and none are frayed or showing any signs of damage. I even disconnected the light in drivers door but it still happens.. I did have 1 CV Gaiter replaced today but i really doubt this has anything to do with lights..

Grasmer
12-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Fixed tbe fault, the wiring loom from OEM connects to new unit were wired wrong, quick check in Haynes and she was good to go.