PDA

View Full Version : AUDI Online / In Car Services

Maniac
02-12-2013, 10:58 PM
One of the things I like about my BMW is the iDrive and online services. Portal/Internet access etc seems to be the norm these days, as is in car apps, weather, news etc. One defining feature for me is the concierge service, which when selected, regardless of whether you have a phone or not, will call BMW and a representative will search for whatever information or destinations you need. Whether its a specific location or a nice hotel at your destination, anything.

I wondered as I'm considering Audi next, if Audi have this sort of feature available?

M1tchy
03-12-2013, 11:05 AM
Audi does have "Audi connect" which takes a full size sim card in the dash and then gives you a number of online features including:
Weather
Traffic
Fuel prices
City events
Parking info

And a few others I cant remember. I find the system pretty good and fairly intuitive to use. You can also set up an online Audi account, find your destination on your computer and then send it to your car from the comfort of your own home. When you get to your car it is there and ready to navigate to. (There is also an iPhone App for this). There is no concierge service unfortunately, but with the touch pad (for easy inputting of data) it is easy enough to search for what you want by yourself.

The system also has Google earth imagery for the satnav which is pretty good if not completely unnecessary. Hopefully that sort of helps?

Maniac
03-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Thanks for that. I did a little searching around last night and worked out some of that. I think the audi connect looks good for the voice control certainly. I guess the only thing that the concierge helps with over and above that is to ask very specific questions of rather than just search for simple stuff or named stuff. Still, the audi stuff looks a bit better than the merc stuff I've seen.