PDA

View Full Version : a4 6speed gearbox problem??

james a4
09-09-2007, 12:54 PM
not long had my 53 a4 1.9(130)tdi 94k, noticing a worrying problem with gearbox.

gearstick seems to not always return to centre (in between 3rd and 4th) when it`s been in 6th gear> it stays limp on right handside???
have to concentrate when changing down to 3 or 4 beacuase it doesnt naturally return in between the two.

not had a 6 speed gearbox before, are they a bit problematic? anyone experienced similar??

any ideas??cheers.:confused::1zhelp:

Crasher
09-09-2007, 02:07 PM
Never come across that one but I would change the oil in the box and inspect the linkage for any problems.

james a4
20-09-2007, 01:06 AM
cheers. I will get that done. I`ll post result after.

adamss24
20-09-2007, 07:29 AM
not long had my 53 a4 1.9(130)tdi 94k, noticing a worrying problem with gearbox.

gearstick seems to not always return to centre (in between 3rd and 4th) when it`s been in 6th gear> it stays limp on right handside???
have to concentrate when changing down to 3 or 4 beacuase it doesnt naturally return in between the two.

not had a 6 speed gearbox before, are they a bit problematic? anyone experienced similar??

any ideas??cheers.:confused::1zhelp:
Hi, has the car been involved in an accident ? The linkage bends then the engine moves forward suddenly and the mounts get damaged.

james a4
20-09-2007, 11:11 PM
not as far as i know!! blimmin ope not!!(only had it 2 or 3 months) I aim to get it into either local stelaership to diagnose, or local garage.

i guess if it has damaged linkage can be replaced...hopefully not too expensive?? engine mounting must be major work tho? ouch?!? there is sometimes a `knocking sound` i`ve noticed but not where it`s coming from.