PDA

View Full Version : mileage correction tool for audi a3 2005

82visionary
28-11-2013, 03:05 AM
:1zhelp:

Hi,
I'm looking for a mileage correction tool for my audi a3 2005 model?

The cheapest solution please,

Thanks in advance!

:biglaugh:

Doctle Odd
28-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Why do you want to do this?

1 Buy a new cluster
2 Buy VCDS
3 Use VCDS to restore the correct mileage to the new cluster anything else is illegal

BTW The real mileage can easily be retrieved from the car even if you change it on the cluster

82visionary
28-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Replacement Cluster.

Link where to buy one please.

Thanks

zollaf
28-11-2013, 09:37 AM
get the person that codes in the new cluster to set the mileage.

Doctle Odd
28-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Home (http://www.audi.co.uk/)

chody
29-11-2013, 12:17 AM
and mileage is recorded on previous mot's

Nigella
31-12-2013, 12:52 AM
I must admit I would rather like this done on mine too... Not to try and fool a purchaser as I have absolutely no intention of selling it but for the following reason...

I have a few friends who are disabled and I often either drive them or their parents to Gatwick, Heathrow, Stanstead, Luton etc but when they see the mileage on the car, 275,000 and climbing, It does give them a little bit of a heart flutter and for the next 45 minutes, I end up explaining that modern diesels are reliable, do hundreds of thousands of miles with out issues etc, we will make it to the airport etc... Some of these people are in their 80's and don't understand that cars do run well over 45,000 miles without the need to fit a new engine then run it in....

If the mileage displayed was a lower amount than true, it would instil confidence as when they see the milage to be for argument sake 75,000 instead of 275,000 they wouldn't make any comment...

I would obviously have the MOT guys made aware of the reasons why it was lower and if I did ever decide to get rid of the old girl, I would return it to the original reading.

Just a thought.... (and no its not illegal!!)

Guest 2
31-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Just cover it up with a bit of tape?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

chody
01-01-2014, 04:36 PM
sorry I dont buy that these old duffers must have great eye sight to be able to read the mileage, alternatively tell them to get a taxi

Nigella
01-01-2014, 11:08 PM
sorry I dont buy that these old duffers must have great eye sight to be able to read the mileage, alternatively tell them to get a taxi

Not everyone is as short sighted as you!

Clearly you have no friends nor manners, but considering at where you are from, that somehow doesn't surprise me.

chody
01-01-2014, 11:16 PM
think your the one who has no manners and your the one one who wants to mislead everyone if you want a car with 75k on the clock buy one and stop trying to pretend you have a valid reason for clocking your ******* out heap

Guest 2
01-01-2014, 11:20 PM
C'mon folks, can we watch our tone please.

Nigella
02-01-2014, 12:48 AM
think your the one who has no manners and your the one one who wants to mislead everyone if you want a car with 75k on the clock buy one and stop trying to pretend you have a valid reason for clocking your ******* out heap

It's my car and if I wish to have a lesser amount of miles shown on the odometer thats my choice not yours and if you don't like the idea, don't read the post!

Eshrules
02-01-2014, 08:33 AM
Given the dubious nature of this discussion and the reluctance of certain members to heed a moderators warning, I'm closing this thread.

Fwiw, as far as I'm aware, adjusting a vehicles mileage simply so it shows less on the clocks isn't a legitimate reason to do so.

The only moral reason for adjusting a clocks mileage is if those clocks have been replaced and need to be adjusted to reflect the vehicles true mileage.

And just in case people think this is a personal, have a quick look at how dimly the OFT view the practice.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/news-and-updates/press/2012/112-12#.UsUXhahFCaw

I would beg people to consider carefully their actions, whether there is an intention to sell the vehicle or not, it's a very risky business.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk