PDA

View Full Version : Audi q5 winter tyres and wheels

welsh gary
21-11-2013, 12:24 PM
good moning all I am a new m ember to the site and wondered if anyone has advice on winter tyres and wheels I have 20" wheels at present does anyone have recommendations as what type is suitable and where to look, much appreciated welsh gary

aldfort
21-11-2013, 12:49 PM
good moning all I am a new m ember to the site and wondered if anyone has advice on winter tyres and wheels I have 20" wheels at present does anyone have recommendations as what type is suitable and where to look, much appreciated welsh gary

Your Audi dealer should have a deal on a set of winter wheels and tyres, they normally have one most years. The alternative is to check the size of a standard wheel for your car, you need to know rim diameter, PCD and offset. - your local Audi dealer should have this data for you. Then buy a suitable set of steel or alloy wheels online and have your usual tyre supplier fit a set of winter tyres for you. Personally given you have 4WD then if you have a decent set of M&S (mud and snow rated) tyres fitted you should be Ok in most situations. M&S, as opposed to winter tyres, can be left on all year round. They are a compromise but save having an extra set of wheels. Winter tyres are designed to be used in low temperatures and in snow and ice only. You must not leave them on the car if it's not cold or snowy. Most tyre companies give data about their winter tyres on their web sites. This will include the ambient temp range they are intended to be used at. From memory it's below 10 C for most.