PDA

View Full Version : VW Aftermarket body panel......Are these as bad as Ive just been told??

bigchap
11-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Hi, I have just purchased a nice '04 Plate Vw Passat Estate Tdi but it has really bad rust on both front wings which is apparently a really common problem. I had approached a local body shop today who has a great reputation for a quote. He was strongly against use of any after market body panels as he said they do not fit properly and are just hard work and never align properly. For two volkswagen wings fitted and sprayed with also the doors done to blend it it he was wanting about £700!! I thought this was very expensive and would like to hear anyones views or experience on this. Are there any particular suppliers of wings that anyone knows that I could purchase that would do a good job? Thanks, Lee

Guest 2
11-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Welcome to VWAF

I take it you haven't seen this thread yet? Please Help front wing corrosion (http://www.vwaudiforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?104409-front-wing-corrosion&highlight=front+wings)

bigchap
11-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the reply Chris and so quiclky too :D. So is it possible for me to approach VW regarding their corrosion warranty even though I have just privately purchased this car?

Guest 2
11-11-2013, 09:11 PM
Yep as long as its within the 12 year guarantee from first registration, number of owners and service history doesn't matter in this case.