PDA

View Full Version : Power Loss

ScottR
10-11-2013, 06:13 PM
Hey guys,I was wondering if anyone can help me out here,today I was out in the car climbed onto the dual carriageway and put my foot down getting to 70mph then nothing my foot was flat and the speed was dropping slightly,I stopped at a set of lights and pulled away as normal but I got upto 50mph and nothing else.

I parked up to go shopping came back and it was fine,when I climbed back onto the dualer I smelt something like something sour come cheesy feet haha I thought it was coming from the car in front,when I got off the dualer there was a even stronger burning smell and the power was still back to normal.

Any help would be great,golf 2.0 gti tdi 2004

thanks

scott

Guest 2
10-11-2013, 06:16 PM
Ideally you need a fault code scan done on the car.

Have a look here VWAF User Location Map - VCDS - Google Maps (http://goo.gl/maps/0Shx) and see if there is anybody local with diagnostic, if so let me know who and I can try and get them to read this tread and help out.

ScottR
10-11-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi Chris,I have just had a look and the closest is warp_speed in Edinburgh.

thanks for the info on that map

scott

Guest 2
10-11-2013, 08:40 PM
Just PM'd him and included you in the message :)

ScottR
15-11-2013, 08:39 PM
Hey guys,I have been out in the car and I haven't had any problems with the power loss again,would this be a one off thing?

thanks

scott

ScottR
11-01-2014, 12:06 PM
Morning everyone,I took my car into a vw dealer for a diagnostic check and they first said my car needed a update and that could fix the problem,I got a call yesterday to say its the turbo that's gone,I'm away to pick it up now as I can't afford to fix it over a grand I got told.What are the results I should see to say its the turbo?

thanks

scott

ScottR
11-01-2014, 01:26 PM
I've picked the car up and it's a seized turbo actuator,is this a unit connected to the turbo?