PDA

View Full Version : New Member

Sauron
07-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Hi all, just wanted to say hello having been lurking on the site for a few weeks.

Have been looking for a good quality used A7 for a little while now and the good news is I think I've finally found the right car. The bad news is the current owner doesn't take delivery of his new Audi until the end of December so I still have quite a wait - I hope he doesn't do anything stupid in the meantime. You may be asking with increased numbers appearing secondhand why wait so long? Simple answer it has all the extras I wanted and to be honest some I hadn't considered but will no doubt be nice to have. Actually as well as the Tech Pack a must for me was folding mirrors; I'm one of those strange people who actually park the car in the garage and as often mentioned on this site the A7 is a big car! In fact according to the dimensions perhaps a micron narrower with the wing mirrors out than my garage door opening and folding manually each time didn't appeal.

So the full spec the current owner kindly put together is: 3.0TDI Quattro S-Line (245ps) in Moonlight Blue with 20" 7 twin spoke high gloss; LED headlights; ACC with stop go, side and lane assist; Tech Pack; Speed Limit Display; Bose surround sound; Sunroof; Park Assist; Rear View Camera; Folding and Dimming door mirrors; Advanced Key; Power Door Closure; 4-zone Climate Control; Heated Rear Seats; Ambient Lighting; Extended Leather pack; Rear Side Airbags and Heated Steering Wheel.

Without doubt more than is absolutely necessary but definitely satisfies any tech desires. Needless to say I'm wishing my life away at the moment but finding the forum a useful and informative diversion.

Good to be a member and looking forward to future exchanges.

M1tchy
08-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Hi and welcome to the site. The car sounds awesome, Ive recently taken delivery of mine and it has a very similar spec. It is amazing! This week is my first week back at work and I have had so many people asking me about it and looking through the windows! It really is a brilliant car.

Sauron
08-11-2013, 11:32 AM
M1tchy

Thanks for the welcome and I agree the car is great. For insurance reasons I have only been driven in the one I'm getting by the salesman, however, I have driven a black edition on 21" wheels with otherwise similar spec and loved it. I didn't want to drive the BiTDI because I knew if I had I would definitely want one; the 245ps will be quick enough for me but I'm envious!

Like I said before some of the stuff is certainly not essential as the car is already well specified but I'm sure I'll enjoy them. My original requirements were:

Essential:Tech Pack, folding mirrors, 19" plus wheels (just think they look better in the arches).
Desirable: Bose sound, Daytona Grey (I have to admit I think this is the best colour for the car but moonlight comes a close second - again envious) reversing camera and although not initially in the mix side assist on the BE test drive impressed.

The rest is just icing on the cake.

Just need things to distract me now for the next 7 weeks or so

Sauron
09-01-2014, 09:08 PM
Well after all this time the car is finally available, unfortunately, last week I changed my mind as another car had come in. The spec of the one I ended with compared to original:

3.0TDI Quattro S-Line (245ps) - yes, in Moonlight Blue - no Havanna black, with 20" 7 twin spoke high gloss - no standard 19" ; LED headlights - no but adaptive and high beam assist; ACC with stop go, side and lane assist - yes; Tech Pack - yes; Speed Limit Display - no; Bose surround sound - yes; Sunroof - no; Park Assist - yes; Rear View Camera - yes; Folding and Dimming door mirrors - fold not dim; Advanced Key - no; Power Door Closure - no; 4-zone Climate Control - yes; Heated Rear Seats - yes; Ambient Lighting - no; Extended Leather pack - no; Rear Side Airbags and Heated Steering Wheel - no. Also through load and storage pack.

Despite reduced spec, car was a few ŁK extra but at just 8 months old and with 6k miles on the clock is 2 years 1 month and 19k miles younger; indeed it had the same nearly new car feel that the BE demonstrator had.

Bottom line can't stop smiling. Photos in due course when on laptop vice ipad.

Sauron
09-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Weather and available light mean that only stock garage photos at this time, more later.

M1tchy
09-01-2014, 09:23 PM
Very nice! Bet you haven't stopped smiling? I smile every time it get in mine. I'm currently teaching a course at work and there is more chat about my car than the subject we should be covering lol.

The only VCDS mods I've made to mine are activate VIM and also change the speed the high beam assist comes on. The factory preset is 40mph and I found it too fast for the twisty roads I live on so dropped it to 20.

Enjoy the new car, look forward to more photos when the weather is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Sauron
09-01-2014, 09:45 PM
M1tchy

Thanks for reply and yes big grins every time. I don't have VCDS but I read about the change to the High beam assist and may need to get the garage to look at it for me. Sorry 'activate VIM'?

Will look to get some photos once the sun comes out.

M1tchy
09-01-2014, 10:08 PM
Sorry, VIM is Video In Motion. The car can play DVDs but when you get above 3mph (or something like that) you loose the video and just get the audio. When you activate VIM, the audio and video will show when you are moving at any speed.

Have a look on the VCDS map on here to see if anyone lives close to you and for a few beer tokens you can get them to activate functions for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Sauron
09-01-2014, 10:15 PM
M1tchy

Thanks for the clarification.