PDA

View Full Version : ESP Light

igbell
05-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello Guys and Girls, I hope you can help me please.

I was driving along the M4 to work in my 03 Passat Estate 100Bhp SE and the ESP Light came on, I did not know what this was so pulled over and read up what it was and thought I can not do anything now so restarted the engine and it did not come back on.

But I have also noticed that it feels like the brakes are coming on and off all the time, now I know the ESP is linked with the ABS and such like so I was wondering if I have a brake problem or a ABS issue or something else I can not put a finger on.

Has anybody else had this issue, can anybody help please???

I have also noticed it is worse with the cruise control on, but I still get it when on the pedal.

Please Help

Ig.

whitecharger
21-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi - I'm getting a similar prob with my Y reg 1.9 SE estate.. on tight right handers especially up hill, ESP light comes on and the turbo appears to stop doing it's stuff - no woomf for a second. If you back off then jab the accelerator again all goes nicely again, but this isn't something one wants to be doing on a tight bend (so much for safety features, eh?)
I'm returning the car under 3 month warranty - I'll let you know what findings are...
A friend had mentioned that there are indentations or marks on the inside of the wheel which are monitored by a wired sensor which is apparently visible - he's suggested checking these for dust... I'm not advocating this as a pukka remedy but it might have some merit. I'll post progress of this troubleshoot for benefit of others...
b.t.w. I love the Passat.. almost as much as my Les Paul...

igbell
23-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Well I got VW to have a look at the car as I had a look at the brakes and the fuel to see if either of these seamed to be the issue.
I had no luck with either so I put it into VW, they found it to be the Injector Lume to be at fault, so for a £34.95 part I got charger £268 for the time to find the fault and the part.
I hope this helps anybody else out there with the same issue.