PDA

View Full Version : T4 brakes binding after bleeding

grumpydave
07-09-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone.

Bought a 1.9TD T4 last month which has needed a bit of work and the forum has been a really useful resource, thanks everybody.

Decided yesterday to replace the brake fluid as it was very, very dirty. Drove 50+ miles with no problem but then the brakes started binding all round (front gets hottest but evenly each side). :mad:

Sounds like pushing all the old oil out has led to a problem with the master cylinder, I've tested the servo and it seems OK. Any suggestions for other reasons for the brake binding would be greatly appreciated beore I go ahead and purchase a new master cylinder.

wehey
20-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I will be interested in any answers as mine has just done exactly the same thing.

I changed the front callipers as it failed MOT on braking imbalance on the front. Now all brakes are binding and getting realy hot within a few miles. The brake pedal feels stiff too.

The only thing left to try is the master cylinder :(

grumpydave
20-11-2007, 04:09 PM
Hi. My problem did turn out to be a faulty master cylinder.

WILLY
22-11-2007, 12:23 AM
I will be interested in any answers as mine has just done exactly the same thing.

I changed the front callipers as it failed MOT on braking imbalance on the front. Now all brakes are binding and getting realy hot within a few miles. The brake pedal feels stiff too.

The only thing left to try is the master cylinder :(The brake pedal feels stiff too. check vacuum pipe off servo, mine had a split, brakes were very stiff on pedel