PDA

View Full Version : retrofit reverse cameras ?

Goncalo Proenca
27-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Hi there,

My A7 has parking sensors and when reverse is engaged the car shows up and the sensors show up ( front and back ).

Doesn't, unfortunately, have the reverse camera : is it possible to retrofit at an Audi dealer ? expensive ? not possible ?

Your ideias welcome :)

jk88
27-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Try this for €499

Audi A7 4G0 Rear HighLine Camera KIT - 4G0907441 (http://www.carsystems.pl/audi-a7-4g0-rear-highline-camera-kit-4g0907441,id692.html)

Goncalo Proenca
27-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Try this for €499

Audi A7 4G0 Rear HighLine Camera KIT - 4G0907441 (http://www.carsystems.pl/audi-a7-4g0-rear-highline-camera-kit-4g0907441,id692.html)

nice ! thank you tons !

one thing though , it says its for cars with " Audi A7 4G0 - with MMI 3G system "

Whats MMI 3G ? 3G = with sim card ? mine is the big screen one, albeit with NO google earth ( hence no sim card ) option.

jk88
27-10-2013, 05:45 PM
Sounds like you have the MMI 3G version. The sim card option is Audi Phone Prep High, so you should be OK. Best check with the company selling it to be sure.

Goncalo Proenca
30-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Sounds like you have the MMI 3G version. The sim card option is Audi Phone Prep High, so you should be OK. Best check with the company selling it to be sure.

managed to "climb up the ladder" on Audi Service here in Portugal and talk over quite a long time with Audi Service Manger for Lisbon ... so lots of updates on this issue :

- MMI have a back port that allows to connect to other things and control them ; if you need to connect to this back port to configure any new items you add to the car. sometimes Audi leaves this back port open, sometimes its closed. If its closed, its a no deal. Can be checked via your chassis number though
- Part and Country Codes are VERY relevant - its not a simple plug and play system. Depending on the part, you cannot mix and match ( e.g., installing a rear camera system on a japanese car from a Portuguese Audi Dealer that has Portuguese Country Code. Again, depends how the MMI is configured from factory
- if the car MMI back port is open and writable it can be done. He wasn't even adamant on getting the part from Audi Portugal - you can get it from Audi Germany of even that website ( part number is genuine audi ) , as long your MMI can be updated in terms of new devices. He says he appreciate that if I buy the part from Audi Portugal but not necessary - the issue here is the MMI that can be updated.

So in the next couple of days the car goes to Audi and we'll see what can be done :)

Will update again once I have more info !