PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Climatic Problems - Blows Cold, but cabin hot?

longboyad
04-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey All,

Maybe being over sensitive here, but trying to see if I'm not alone. Got a 2006 Passat 105 TDI with the basic Climatic Semi Automatic A/C system. The key settings are 18, 22 & 26C, but with the blowers, temp and recirc at all settings, I cannot get the cabin to go cold.

A few examples.... all with the engine at 2500 RPM, No recirc, 30 mins trial.
Outside 28.5C Fan #3 Temp 22C -> Cabin 27C
Outside 24.0C Fan #2 Temp 18C -> Cabin 24C

The cabin temps were taken in the shade in still air. I'm getting vent temps of 10-12C, which compares to my Beetle of 4-7C & WVoA guides of 40-41.5F (4.4-5.3C)

I've also found that if I put my finger over the temperature sensor (black "nubbin" between econ & recirc buttons) and warm it up, then the whole things starts working harder and getting cooler.

Am I going mad, or is this a problem?? My old 1999 TDI SE had the climatronic and was a veritable ice-cube maker by comparision.

Roy
10-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Hi,

I have the std a/c on a B6 2.0 TDi. The a/c does seem very weak in comparison to my previous cars. Thru the recent 'heat wave' I've had it on it's lowest setting and it's barely adequate. I've read several other complaints too (usually from US based owners).

Roy

longboyad
17-07-2006, 08:51 PM
Been to the dealer - problem solved!!
Many of the Climatic systems are being delivered overcharged with coolant, and reading some error codes.
Quick trip into the Bath VW dealership, do the coolant, tweak the system to account for the A/C error codes - it was undercounting on a vent temp sensor - and now it's so cold it gives me a headache, even when its 30 outside!!
FantastiC!!