PDA

View Full Version : 2.7 TDI V6 Question For Experts!

mrjp
25-10-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi guys,

I have an A5 with the 2.7 tdi "CAMA" engine.

My question is can anyone tell me how this differs from the other 2.7 tdi engines e.g "CGKA" (also found in the A5) or even like "BPP" found in slightly earlier A4's and A6's?

They all look like the same engine just maybe superceeded over for the new models like the B8 A4 and A5, I have even cross referenced part no.'s and have found the short block and parts are the same.

But can anyone tell me any differences I should be aware of, I believe I may need a new engine and I can source a BPP much cheaper so am wanting to know its compatibility.

Many thanks,

Guest 2
25-10-2013, 03:01 PM
The 3 letter engine codes are 1st generation V6's the 4 letter ones are second gen so different ecu's, gearboxes etc.

Whats wrong with yours?

mrjp
25-10-2013, 03:04 PM
The 3 letter engine codes are 1st generation V6's the 4 letter ones are second gen so different ecu's, gearboxes etc.

Whats wrong with yours?

Yep different gearboxes and ECU's I know, I am merely talking in terms of the bare engine, like I say, block, crank and pistons etc share part no's.

I don't think the 2.7 direct injection Diesel engine has been changed at all, purely engine management and turbo etc maybe.

I have a seized engine.

mrjp
26-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Anyone?

mrjp
01-11-2013, 05:42 PM
Any resident Audi technicians present?