PDA

View Full Version : options ? Which are best ?

jonthebarber
06-09-2007, 10:16 PM
what would you say are the pick of the toys from the option list ? sat-nav ??? leather .. maybe ? or stick to "how it comes from the factory" ???

What do you think would make the perfect Eos in return for value and resale ? :confused:

Jon .

mluton
06-09-2007, 10:44 PM
I think leather is always a good choice. What is the cost of the leather option ?

Reason i ask is that there are a few companys out there that will retrim your car all in leather with door cards for around £700. Google 'Seat Surgeons'.

pjgraham86
07-09-2007, 09:00 AM
I'd agree leather looks the part - £1255 I think.

I went for the dynaudio sound system which is expensive (£945) but worth it if you like your music to be top quality.

I hummed and hawed about dual zone climate (about £400 extra over a/c) and opted to do without it. Anyone think it's a must have ?

I have 18" Chicago wheels but they won't be to everyone's taste I know - the 17" westwoods are nice and look quite easy to clean.

Peter

davidp
07-09-2007, 02:35 PM
I didnt bother with the dual climate. The standard a/c works just fine.
There is a discount on the lux/wint packs if you have both so went for them as I wanted heated seats and folding mirrors but didnt want leather.
hope you like your audio upgrade Peter, other folks praise it highly
cheers, david

Teflon
07-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Leather makes the car sooooooo much better and isn't bad value compared with the price on some of the other VW models.

I can't see the point of fancy climate control in a car where the roof comes down, athought the basic version is just that - basic.

Metallic paint is always a good bet - it will make the car easier to sell later on and it looks better anyway.

My number 1 recommendation is to buy the wind deflector. It is a bit expensive, but I've driven 250 miles at a stretch without getting buffeted to death.

davidp
07-09-2007, 08:28 PM
Can never understand the attraction of leather. It gets too hot, feels too slippy but can see the 'traditional' aspect of having it in a convertible, and it does look good. Dealers say its the most 'desirable' option. But hey each to there own and more folks like it than don't. Totally concur on the wind deflector I was surprised how effective it is in eliminating all that buffeting, especially when whacking down the outside lane on the m/way.:D

Cheers, David

jonthebarber
07-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Mmmm . some good points there !

jpl
17-10-2007, 03:32 PM
I bought the Individual, which came with a lot of the options. In order, I reckon...

- 2 tone leather, black and cream - effing gorgeous!
- 18" Chicago's - IMHO they make the car
- iPod connection
- Wind deflector - it's bloody marvellous!
- Stereo and computer controls on the steering wheel - They control the iPod as well
- Metallic paint, looks so much nicer than normal paint

I would have liked satnav, but not at VW price, so I bought a Tomtom One for £130, at least that does full 7 digit postcode searching. I'm told the VW one only does 5 digit searching :boggled:

Cruise control - that's a nice to have but ... meh!

Absolutely love the car, it's a lovely looker :cool:

jonthebarber
17-10-2007, 06:52 PM
I had to buy secondhand so i waited until i got what i wanted eg - 18" wheels (A must) , fsi-t engine , leather , nav (Not worth the extra , but looks cool in the ash !!) climate , cruise , metallic and the pack which bends your mirrors in and turns the lights/'wipers on and off auto style .

Desertfish
02-01-2008, 03:55 PM
Can never understand the attraction of leather.

You would if you saw the interior of my car... The pattern on the seats has that "Great Western Railway" look to it.:Blush2: I'm desperate to find a company that will turn mine in leather for a price I can afford otherwise I'll be ashamed to open the roof during summer...!

At least I don't have to be concerned about the outside looks. Previous owner put new BSA alloys on it (only 15" but hey, still better than standard wheelcaps) and put the Lexus lights on the back. All I need to do is tint the windows, put another exhaust box on the back (standard one doesn't do the car justice) and Bob's your Uncle.

Chris